Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a kid today and we were discussing exhausts. He said that you could buy a full race system and only gain 2HP, I asked what about with remapping everything, and he's says "you get crap out of them no matter what, I know guys who all they do is map bikes and they said you gain 2 HP at the most" My question is how true is that and why would people spend $1200 for such minimal gains, I really think he just full of turd.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Ok lets have a chat....
On The kawasaki 636, the differance between the full and Slip...Akra is reporeted to be minimal, as the header for the 636 is pretty damn good.And from what others have said that 2hp is at the top end..
Couldnt say for sure as when i dynoed my bike it was a completely done.
Before tuning i was getting 111Rwhp Peak and the delivery was pretty shitty. After the complete tune i was doing almost 115rwhp and the delivery was spot on smooth.Thats a full Akra Race ZX6R

CBR600RR's seem to pick up a shitload of power with a full system and tune...around 113-116rwhp..dyno depending

If you start talking the liter bikes there is some pretty damn good power to be picked up with full exhausts...every bike seems to be different to how much they gain.

Personally if your not going to do some serious track or racing just do a slip-on and save some money, or get the power commander and a custom tune for the price of a full system.

Your friend is a tool by the way, pretty ignorant on the topic of exhaust & tuning..The tuning is what will make your bike USABLE..

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's pretty funny you mention the CBR gaining boatloads of power because thats what he rides! His bike is pretty much all show absolutly no go, all my buddies that have ridden his bike say there is nothing there, they hop on my stock 636 and love it. It was funny as it was yesterday when he said these exhaust comments to me and my other friend was saying how he thought my bike was more powerful. He got very offended and blamed it on the 15000 miles he has on his bike compared to my 5000. Yet he has also changed the sprockets to give it more torque and still it doesn't compare. I just can't stand the ignorance of some people. It's on thing to say "I've heard, but not sure" and to say "No, I know everything, I've asked everyone possible, there is no other answer" A lot of people are of the latter version though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, by delivery do you mean the power is right there when you twist the throttle? Has a wider power range through the RPM's? Or Both?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
well lets say that i have run with some buddies that race some cbr600rr's with full arrow exhausts, PCIII, custom tune and geared for the track and they can rip some serious speed out..
I was on my modded RC51 yeah 445lbs fully fueled- hell yeah and i couldnt get away fom them even on the straights, given i am giving them 60lbs with my big ass but still...

The cbr600rr is one potent machine once modded, especially handling wise.

I love my zx6r and havent run a cbr600rr with it YET?
On the tuning makes the power nice and smooth and linear, quality fueling is something every bike needs in the twisties.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,495 Posts
Originally posted by yellosuzku
Also, by delivery do you mean the power is right there when you twist the throttle? Has a wider power range through the RPM's? Or Both?
Power delivery deals with a smooth transition off/on throttle, smooth gains at different throttle positions (i.e. power increases in a linear manner the more you open the throttle), the pull is smooth and builds to a strong and level powerband, etc.

As for exhaust, it really depends on the bike itself, not even the model. Every instance of a specific bike will be different. You will gain power, but how much and how usable it is isn't something anyone can guarantee.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
i'll worry about this when I learn to use the FULL potential of the bike the way it is now

ps. you let your friends "hop" on your bike?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hey Luke have you seen the MotoGP style Arrow full system for the CBR 1000rr? That thing looks sweet. Plus the gain with the map from PC will be close to 11 more hp and about 5 more foot lb. The curve on the graph looked pretty damn smooth too. I think I might have to get it for my 1000rr.:D Plus I'm getting the full titanium system with a PC3USB at cost brand spanking new.[:M117]

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
General rule of thumb for full exhaust, rejet/PC & low restrriction air filter is 7-10% HP increase. This is getting harder to achieve, since modern sportbikes already squeeze out almost every bit of power they can with the stock equipment. Still; the airbox, catalytic, fuel/air mapping and emissions plumbing all steal some power, so you can always gain some here & there. Even a slip on will breathe better (and weigh MUCH less) than stock... Bikes are coming from the factory running very lean (to meet EPA) these days, so once you get some fuel flowing, and air to match... well; hang on. lol

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,495 Posts
Originally posted by Sanjose636
Hey Luke have you seen the MotoGP style Arrow full system for the CBR 1000rr? That thing looks sweet. Plus the gain with the map from PC will be close to 11 more hp and about 5 more foot lb. The curve on the graph looked pretty damn smooth too. I think I might have to get it for my 1000rr.:D Plus I'm getting the full titanium system with a PC3USB at cost brand spanking new.[:M117]
Damn...you know, I didn't like the motogp style exhausts until I saw them up close and in person...they grew on me a lot. =) Those are some crazy power gains, too. Is that gain at the top end, or max gain in the midrange?

Have you seen the quad side exit exhaust on the Motoczysz C1? They had it there at Laguna Seca...it has two pipes coming out both sides of the fairing at the bottom... it looks bad ass.

·
Registered
579 Posts
That shit is SKITZ! The gain on the pipe I'm getting is between the mid so I'm gonna be coming out of the apex pretty much a scotche faster. Fuck I think I'm gonna be tracking my CBR 1000rr full on now. Shit. I've got to figure away to hook the exhaust servo up so I don't get any FI light problems though. Hope Arrow has something to fix that. Plus I've got to tune the PC. FUCK. The install for the full system is gonna be a bitch, I have to drop my radiator. Oh well it will be worth it. Comes in next week. CHYEA BUDDY!![:M117][:M6]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't let them just "hop" on my bike. I let friends who I know will respect my property and ride motorcycles themselves take a "spin" on my bike. My bike is not a whore to passed around, you got to earn the right to throw your leg over her.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,495 Posts
That shit is SKITZ! The gain on the pipe I'm getting is between the mid so I'm gonna be coming out of the apex pretty much a scotche faster. Fuck I think I'm gonna be tracking my CBR 1000rr full on now. Shit. I've got to figure away to hook the exhaust servo up so I don't get any FI light problems though. Hope Arrow has something to fix that. Plus I've got to tune the PC. FUCK. The install for the full system is gonna be a bitch, I have to drop my radiator. Oh well it will be worth it. Comes in next week. CHYEA BUDDY!![:M117][:M6]
That parade lap on the CBR got to you, didn't it? hehe...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yup. The parade lap was awesome. Oh man remember my buddy that was racing FX and SS? #42. He fuckin crashed out at Mid-Ohio, 6th lap, FX race. Fuckin sucks for him. I think I'm gonna paint my track plastics for the CBR Pedrosa's scheme when he was still racing in 250cc. Plus I'm gonna get that Pedrosa Dainese suit too. Damn!! Spending too much money! AAAWWWW!![:M8]

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,495 Posts
Yup. The parade lap was awesome. Oh man remember my buddy that was racing FX and SS? #42. He fuckin crashed out at Mid-Ohio, 6th lap, FX race. Fuckin sucks for him. I think I'm gonna paint my track plastics for the CBR Pedrosa's scheme when he was still racing in 250cc. Plus I'm gonna get that Pedrosa Dainese suit too. Damn!! Spending too much money! AAAWWWW!![:M8]
You should paint your track plastics like Pegram's AMA 1000RR SBK...the "retro" red white and blue honda scheme. Looks cool, to me...I don't remember what Pedrosa's 250 plastics looked like. :/

·
Registered
579 Posts
Pedrosa's blue telefonica moviestar. Kinda like Rossi's M1 last year, but Honda. Luke, we totally thread jacked this shit. HAHAHAHA Our bad.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,495 Posts
Pedrosa's blue telefonica moviestar. Kinda like Rossi's M1 last year, but Honda. Luke, we totally thread jacked this shit. HAHAHAHA Our bad.
Oh man, I actually SAW a 1000 RR painted in that scheme, with the MotoGP style exhaust and everything...full Ohlins suspension, Gilles chain adjuster and race lifts, Gilles footpegs...just about everything you'd want to do this guy did...a dude had it at a bike meet in my area (there's usually close to 800 to 1k bikes at this meet every week...it's huge)...it looked bad ass, dude. You should totally do it! I didn't know Pedrosa had the Telifonica Movistar scheme...that shit looked awesome!

·
Registered
579 Posts
250cc class man. Check out his web site. That lil fucker is good, damn good. His suit is fucking schitz. Full on tracked 1000rr! Shit and I said this was gonna be my street only bike. Fuck me Freddy.[B)]

·
Registered
191 Posts
Originally posted by jdgun_13

Your friend is a tool by the way, pretty ignorant on the topic of exhaust & tuning..The tuning is what will make your bike USABLE..
Motorcylist magazine put a full system on one of their long term bikes and after they dyno tested it, the test numbers indicated it lost power.......if your really interested i can look it up and tell you which issue it was in...

this is an interesting subject..I happened on a bike night, the first I had ever been too...and after all the squidlets had come over and rebuilt my bike i had a thousand questions I needed answered...

I was thinking about posting a polling question and might after i formulate my questions, but i guess I would have to do a poll for each question...

some of them...

1.is it de riguer to show off your new pipe by starting the engine and reving the engine till it bounces off the rev limiter..(or is this something taught at the Schwantz school of racing)

2. must you do a burn out in the parking lot? (particularly when there is a sheriff inside getting coffee)

3. must you have a power commander

4.what happens to you if you don't replace the license plate holder

5. do you go to hell if you don't have a k&n filter

6. if your bike is putting out 155 to 169 rwhp (depending on the dyno used)do you need to spend four or five grand to get another 15 hp if you only ride on the street?

7. Does one really utilize all of the power on the street that comes stock on the bike (I don't think so)if not why spend all the bucks.

8. If you have a 6 and want more power, why not just get a liter..off the showroom floor it only costs about 2500 to move up..

9. when you make all of the adjustments aren't you moving the power band around and making it more tempermental for the street?

;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.