Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have that same set-up my RR was 97.0 stock but haven't put it back on the Dyno w/pipe and PC.
Jack

·
Registered
5 Posts
anyone have an idea what type of hp increase to expect on a 6rr by adding a power commander? to really drill down, I am soon to get the akro evo system. Anybody have that exact setup? Thx, Tom

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Wan2Fly has that same setup Action and added a custom map from a local shop here, and now peaks at 104.5hp. tomc you won't be completely satisfied with the full Evo system until you get the bike mapped for it and install your PCIII... there's too much to gain from the PCIII after installing a full exhaust...

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
If you really want to do it the right way check out www.powercommander.com for a list of shops in your area that'll be able to run your bike on a dyno and map it out correctly. There's map available on that website as well for that'll be a good baseline, but every bike is just a little bit different.

What they'll do at the tuning shop is stuff a lambda sensor in the pipe and get you a precise map for your exact set-up. If you ever change ANYTHING in your motor, be it cams, head or base gaskets, exhaust, airfilter et al and you want maximum output, take it in for a remap everytime. This way you MIGHT have a chance catching a guy like me on the straights.[:p]

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Strong Bad's right about everything there, except you'll likely never catch him on the straights... :D

Our riding group did some bike-swapping last night and I learned something... I want to weigh 130 pounds. One of our buddies does, and it doesn't matter WHAT bike he's on, he's the fastest on the straights. I'm giving away 90 pounds (or taking on 90 pounds???) and he can beat me down the straight on a 3 year old R6 when I'm riding a Gix 1000, at least until I get the Gix wound out. Sickening.

Point is, if you want to be faster, lose 90 pounds. That's what I'm gonna do... ;) Then I'm racing Strong Bad...[:p]

Oh, and keep in mind custom map jobbies aren't cheap... Wan2Fly paid some $450 Canadian (around $300 US) to have his map custom created by a reputable local shop (2 days on the dyno... argh)... (and my bike's still faster nya nya nya nya nya nya)[}:)]

·
Registered
150 Posts
hell i weigh 140 pounds and i love my 636, although when i tell people that i was hanging with an R1 or that i smoked a gixxer 750 they just laugh and blow me off. Honestly from a 70mph roll on i took a gixxer 750 up to 130 and he started in front of me. So i guess being 140 lbs is good even if you look like a twig :)

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by mdsuave13

hell i weigh 140 pounds and i love my 636, although when i tell people that i was hanging with an R1 or that i smoked a gixxer 750 they just laugh and blow me off. Honestly from a 70mph roll on i took a gixxer 750 up to 130 and he started in front of me. So i guess being 140 lbs is good even if you look like a twig :)
I absolutely believe you. The flyweight 130-pounder that usually rides an R6 in my group took my bike for a few roll-on drags against my 220-pound cousin on a very strong Gixxer 750 and just plain had him for breakfast... wasn't even CLOSE. His only trouble is keeping the front wheel down through the first few gears, because he tends to lose a little time either rolling off or short-shifting to avoid it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Tomc,

I've got the same set-up you mentioned (Akrapovic Evo., PCIIIusb). I never dyno'ed it stock, but with the above mentioned setup and a map for a Muzzy full exhaust system I got a 103.9 HP. Now that I've got the Akrapovic Race exhaust map it seems much stronger (seat of pants dyno). I also through some racing fuel in there, and now it is scary fast. Most likely I'm sitting in the 106 HP to 108 HP range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.