Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HUGE group ride-Lakeland, FL

They are trying to get 100 people together. There is already at least thirty people that I’m aware of, probably much more. Spread the word, take off work if you have to, I am. Bring friends, too.

Details:
- May 24 (Saturday)
- Meet at Sky Powersports in Lakeland (I-4 Exit 31)
- Meet between 9am and 10am.
- Ride till we go home...

Directions from Orlando

I-4 to Lakeland (about 50 mi.) to Exit 31 – Towards Kathleen Rd., At
the light turn left, Sky's about a mile down on the right. Address is 1638 Kathleen Rd, Lakeland FL

It is from another forum, but the people are fine with other forum members on the ride (as one would hope).

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
7 reads? No posts? Nobody from tampa, lakeland, orlando, ocala or any surrounding areas can join? It's a weekend. Come on.

BUMP

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol yeah thanks guys. Way to contribute. We are going to be riding all day apparently. It starts at 9, we're meeting at sky powersports, they have free dounuts and stuff and we ride until we're tired. BUMP. It's less than a week away and still NOBODY from this board said they are joining. There are people from many other boards, I guess people don't use the regional section of kawiforums much Anyways...BUMP

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately, I don't have a camera. It was discussed on another board about the safety and LE, there are a lot of people that posted that were worried about tickets that could affect their job. There are also people that will be riding 2 up. We'll be breaking up into different groups to make safety easier and prevent from the wrong people possibly getting into trouble. Of course, there are some that want a more “spirited” ride, but I won’t fall into that group. I cannot afford tickets, and normally don’t speed much anyways.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
I'd go with ya bro, but I'm going to SC to visit my family I think

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
sounds like a recipe for trouble, anytime too many guys on sportbikes get together its usually bad. at least from my past experiences. i like to ride in small groups with guys i know but avoid stuff like this. thats just me though.

have fun man, take pics and post up a ride report.
Im with Hoser on this one Shadow, now if we got some Kawiforum member ride I would be in, but people I really dont know and a hundred or so none the less gonna have to count me out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts