Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Well sorry, no closeups, but here's a shot of a buddy's 2001 6R with a yellow undertail and a yellow hugger. He wishes he went with carbon fibre, but all in all I think it looks pretty good... sorry it isn't close up... best I could scrounge together here...

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
im thinking of getting a yellow one. mine is a 01 too, but all yellow, no stickers[:M85]

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I say based upon the look of your bike, go black or carbon. Black first.

-Flash

·
Registered
934 Posts
Just looking for some opinions... What colour hugger should I get? ...Matching 01 Yellow, Black, or Carbon Look. I am leaning toward Black, or possibly the carbon look as the matching yellow may be too much yellow. ;) Anyone have any hugger pics??

/forum/uploads/bshap/my_01_zx6r_-_2.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
her is what my hugger looks like ---- got it from targa

Paul
/forum/uploads/thasher917/resized1.jpg
/forum/uploads/thasher917/resized3.jpg

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
black, or carbon. The yellow is just too much IMO, but some prefer it that way. Whatever floats your boat. The yellow is def more noticable.

/forum/uploads/grunt_99/hugger2.jpg

·
Registered
700 Posts
Originally posted by snotrocket

Black or carbon IMHO

/forum/uploads/snotrocket/dscf0363c.jpg
what kinda hugger is dat?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hey Everyone, thanks for all the opinions!! ... I think I'll be going with a Black one from Pyramid Plastics (http://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/zx6_pagex.html) & (http://www.superbikestore.com/ZX6R 00+.htm) It'll go nicely with the black powder-coated undertail I made up. :D

Hey Grunt 99, How do you like your hugger? (It's Pyramid Plastics right?) How much clearance is between the tire and the hugger? (I don't want too much because I have my licence plate tucked up in there nicely, and don't want to hamper having it clearly seen... Keeps the authorities happy!)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Originally posted by BSHAP

Hey Everyone, thanks for all the opinions!! ... I think I'll be going with a Black one from Pyramid Plastics (http://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/zx6_pagex.html) & (http://www.superbikestore.com/ZX6R 00+.htm) It'll go nicely with the black powder-coated undertail I made up. :D

Hey Grunt 99, How do you like your hugger? (It's Pyramid Plastics right?) How much clearance is between the tire and the hugger? (I don't want too much because I have my licence plate tucked up in there nicely, and don't want to hamper having it clearly seen... Keeps the authorities happy!)
Yeah it's a PP...I like it, no regrets. I'll try top post a pic to give you an idea on the clearance.

/forum/uploads/grunt_99/hugger-side.jpg

Does that help, I can take a measurement if you want. Just tell me exactly where to measure from.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hey Grunt 99, thanks for that reverse angled shot!! (It does give me a better perspective.) As for a measurement, I was meaning the distance between the top of the tire and the hugger. (The rear most part "tip" of the hugger... See pic.)

/forum/uploads/bshap/hugger-clearance.jpg

Thanks to Everyone for all your assistance!!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
It's ~7/8th of an inch, essentially the same as the front fender. That measurement is from the top of the tire to bottom of fender (front) or hugger (rear).

Those measurements are with my pilot sports mounted. Each set of tires, and their wear factor I guess, will give diff results. The pic however, is from early on in the season on my old dunlop 207's mounted.

1mm doesn;t seem like enough space, but maybe so. Where do your brand of tires fit in the size spectrum (profile)? Taller, average, or shorter? If they're on the short side you could have to shim it up if you get taller ones next time. Maybe not???

/forum/uploads/grunt_99/rear_hugger.jpg

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.