Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is depressing hearing yall talk about your bikes and what not. On Saturday I was playing a rugby match and broke my leg. Wont be riding for a long time. I think the fact that I wont be able to ride for a while is the most painful part of this whole experience. So to everyone who can ride Im jelous, but be careful and have fun. I will be out there again.

PS- If this dosent really make sense, I am on some pain killers and cant really think too straight.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It is depressing hearing yall talk about your bikes and what not. On Saturday I was playing a rugby match and broke my leg. Wont be riding for a long time. I think the fact that I wont be able to ride for a while is the most painful part of this whole experience. So to everyone who can ride Im jelous, but be careful and have fun. I will be out there again.

PS- If this dosent really make sense, I am on some pain killers and cant really think too straight.
If it makes you feel any better, my bike is in the shop for the oil leak. So I haven't been riding for 2 weeks now.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts

I'm sorry man. Enjoy the pain meds but don't get hooked. Heal up quick so you can get back in the saddle. I'm sure most of us have had to take a break or two for whatever reason, it's a great time to pick up a book like twist of the wrist 2 or total control if you haven't read them.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My bike was at the shop getting repaired for cosmetic repairs and upgrades. Then I had to drop it off at the dealership right after for an abnormal engine noise. So I been out of a bike for 3wks now and still going w/h out one. So don't feel bad man....

G

·
I hope you heal quickly man. Sucks about the leg. I don't know if it makes you feel any better, but I still can't ride because I STILL don't have my bike!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Sorry about the leg, hope you heal up fast. I've only been w/out mine for a couple days (picked up a screw in the back tire) and it stinks. On the bright side, I'll be rockin some DC III's in a couple days.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I know all about that man...just hang in there. Last season I broke my ankle and battled a serious infection that left me in bed for a month...so I didn't ride for 2 months straight...in the end I ended up getting well over 15,000km on the bike!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Depressed

Look at it this way bro. You can ride your bike twelve months a year whereas many of us in the northeast can ride approx. 7 months a year. Therefore you're still up on us by a couple of months.

Keep the shiney side up.;)

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
guess you're not a kawiridr4life, eh? Sorry man had to throw it out there. But seriously, heal up quick! And I know how you feel... I had a 3rd degree separation of my shoulder when I was in college that keep me out of commission for about 3 weeks... then 5 months later I separated it again the exact same way (luckily it was only 2nd degree; sub lox)... good thing my girl at the time liked being on top!

So I have to ask... what position are you? I was mainly a right side lock (second row) and flanker on my college team, but also spent time as an 8-man for the men's team I whored on from time to time.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I know how you feel... I just now got back on after 6 weeks. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital after hitting the pavement hard. 11 crushed ribs, punctured lung, broken collar bone, separated shoulder, and 4 pints of lost blood. Still in physical therapy for the shoulder but they say physically I can take it so I'm back on. At least for me that rush of riding for the first time is back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.