Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently shattered the tip of my left middle finger and badly bruised my left index finger and I was wondering if anyone knew any tips which would make it easier to pull the clutch lever. I can still do it but it takes considerable more effort using my pinky/ring finger. If not then that's fine as well, I'll just have to wait a few weeks while it hopefully heals.

For those who are wondering, I was laying on top of my buddies car with my hands dangling on either side and my girlfriend closed the car door trapping my 2 fingers.

G

·
man i would've killed her with my good hand

and i wouldnt be able to ride with my index and middle finger all messed up. those are the ones i use to pull the lever.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep same here (for the clutch fingers)

As for my girl, it was an accident. I was irritated yes, but after going out with her for almsot a year, she's helped me out to even everything out.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Just tape them together and do one of the following:

1) Just take the pain and keep riding

2) Heal up a bit before riding again.

Thats about all you can do.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,869 Posts
If you choke all the way to the left end of the clutch lever and pull there you'll have a shit ton more leverage (it's exponential, or something like that...:D), and that helps a lot. I had a similar thing happen to me about a year back, but not quite so spectacular. That's what I ended up doing.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I think I'll do that. It may hurt like a mutha but that muzzy upgarde will help me pull through.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
been there man, that hurts like a ..well you know. I had the whole top third of my hand closed in a truck door, as I calmly asked the girl to open the door, she asked why...I said because my hand is in it...she started freaking out...man did that hurt. I couldn't do much to help heal it other than tape it like said above, and wait for it to heal on it's own. Sorry bro!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Yeah, I did the same thing....which reminds me, never stick your hand in a riding mower blade while it's cutting...hurts like hell. Anyway, yeah, tape them together and that should hel p a little. If you have some of those metal splints, that will help alot too with pulling the clutch.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update: I taped the fingers which helped a little I think. The thing that really helped though was the vibration of the handlebars. Haha, after about 10 minutes of riding it numbed my fingers to the point of me forgetting that they hurt! :D

So those who have hurt hands, go riding!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I broke my hand quite a few years ago, and had my left hand in a cast. Since my only means of transportation was a bike, this made shifing difficult. I bought a surf leash. :D A little safety wire around the clutch lever, and I was all set. So it looked odd. I could drive. [:p]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.