Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put them in a few weeks ago. MTEC H7, 55w=100w, color is 4350. (has a bluish tint). Do a search. I (and others) have posted before. There pretty kick ass. Got them off of ebay. 5 minutes to change out...Have to cut the dome off. This is in the search also.

Good luck!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Does anyone have Hyper whites on their bikes? what size bulb do you need and do you guys/girls know how to take that dome of the existing bulb?

Thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
Do I need a model number for those MTECs like for a car ( for example my car model number 9004)?. And I guess I could buy those from a regual parts store.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have a 2000 ninja, which has H4 bulbs. I ran ultra white, but changed to ultra purple, and they look sweet. Running light is also blue/purple, must color coordinate.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They do look pretty good. Visibility (for me a well as others to see me) is a plus. Sorry, no pics yet.

·
Registered
212 Posts
That's the way I'm looking at it......everyone is telling me that "If you take the dome off it will be too bright" I'm like AND!?!!? what's your point...ha ha ha The brighter the better in my book....right?

·
Registered
150 Posts
i have a set of xenon bulbs, they are blue as all hell and cost me nothing because i sell them :) you can kinda see it on my pic.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i have a Catz HID kit on my bike, and it is like daylight b/c it's so bright...here are my before and after pics

before

after

hit me up if you are interested; we can offer special pricing for board members. for zx6r board members, we can offer bike HID kits for $220 + free shipping

·
Registered
537 Posts
Oh so tempting, but my bike is old, not sure I will be doing this to my J1. Will see what I get next. (10R maybe:D)

·
Registered
212 Posts
silverzx6r,that's a pretty good price for a HID kit? IS that the price for the Catz kit? Do you also sell them for cars or just bikes? Thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
yes, that is the price for zx6r members on Catz 4500K bike kits, which includes 1 bulb, ballast & ignitor. The car kits cost more.

we normally sell them for cars b/c we have a shop where we sell bmw & other euro (car) parts & do dyno testing/tuning and such. when we bought our bikes, we realized that we could install these kits on bikes as well. all we did was split the kit between the 2 bikes. we have installed them on every vehicle my bf & i own.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.