Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this stuff is awesome! I searched about good cleaners and the main ones that came up were Plexus, Honda Polish and Protectall.

I rode to Cycle Gear today and was set on buying Protectall but then saw Plexus next to it. It was about $2 cheaper so I went for the Plexus instead. Got home and cleaned my visor first. Wow! no residue and it left the surface feeling super smooth. So I finished up my lid then went to work on the bike. Same outcome, cleaned everything superbly and even got rid of the surface scratches on my tank. It only took me maybe 30-40 min to clean the bike. Also one other good thing about this stuff is the anti-static properties.

If you're looking for a good all around cleaner don't be scared to buy Plexus. I probably won't use anything else now :D

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
What did you use to clean your visor with? Like cloth wise...

I read somewhere that you shouldn't clean your visor with paper towels or cloth towels because of some technical reason. like microfibers can get into the visor and damage it...i dunno....read it somewhere

im reaching the point where i should probably clean my visor and im curious as to how to do it.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon
What did you use to clean your visor with? Like cloth wise...

I read somewhere that you shouldn't clean your visor with paper towels or cloth towels because of some technical reason. like microfibers can get into the visor and damage it...i dunno....read it somewhere

im reaching the point where i should probably clean my visor and im curious as to how to do it.
I think what you want to do is USE microfiber, not papertowels or regular cotton cloths (rags, old t-shirts, towels, etc). I put a few rub marks using that stuff and then went to micro fiber, no problems since. Also, I use Honda Spray Cleaner and swear by it. Best stuff ever. Gotta get it from outa state now though, they banned it in PA and other places on the east coast.

·
Registered
315 Posts
yeah plexus and microfiber towels leaves an awsome shine with little effort and makes cleaning up bugs alot easier too

·
Registered
156 Posts
mocrofiber is the shiznit. pick it up from walmart for a couple bucks for half a dozen cloths.

EDIT: the only semi-problem I have had with it is if you clean your bike too well before a trackday, the blue tape doesn't stick as well (I lost my numbers by the second session). Prob just didnt polish it all off.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
ok well i knew microfibers were involved somehow.....time to go get some of that :D

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used an old cotton T-shirt I had laying around, worked pretty darn good for the moment though. The can specifically warns you not to never ever use paper towels. its on like 3 different parts of the can.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Plexus is great for a quick clean, but it leaves oils on the plastics that help it 'shine', but it doesn't give a nice deep gloss like a carnuba paste wax or a high-end synthetic multi-step polisher like Zaino Show Car Polish, and the plexus shine only lasts one or two rides. Also, it makes a terrible base surface for paste wax. You have to wash it with car soap and dry it before you wax it if you use plexus to clean it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Originally posted by jerzefigga
this stuff is awesome! I searched about good cleaners and the main ones that came up were Plexus, Honda Polish and Protectall.

I rode to Cycle Gear today and was set on buying Protectall but then saw Plexus next to it. It was about $2 cheaper so I went for the Plexus instead. Got home and cleaned my visor first. Wow! no residue and it left the surface feeling super smooth. So I finished up my lid then went to work on the bike. Same outcome, cleaned everything superbly and even got rid of the surface scratches on my tank. It only took me maybe 30-40 min to clean the bike. Also one other good thing about this stuff is the anti-static properties.

If you're looking for a good all around cleaner don't be scared to buy Plexus. I probably won't use anything else now :D
I agree, great stuff! Although, it only hides the scratches.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I only use it for my clear windscreen. Works well. I use wax for the rest of the painted plastics/tank.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.