Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you got arrested? what'd they do with your bike!?! How much is the ticket for?!? That both sucks and blows:([xx(]

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry" -Mark Twain

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had this W8 Passat on my tail tonight for about 2 miles. Everytime i sped up or slowed down he sat about 6 feet behind me. I got really pissed so gunned my 636 and left him in a cloud of dust. After i slowed down i looked in my mirrors and was suprised to see the Passat had flashing blue lights going and then a siren told me to stop. IT WAS THE COPS. I was duly booked despite my claims of entrapment. They claimed to have clocked me between 130 - 140 mph but i don't see how as they could not stay with me. Thet said they were using their speedo to check my speed as the car was a demo and didn't have any techno gissmo's to catch me. I think I will fight this in court to keep my licence from the cops who just seemed to want a race.:(

·
Registered
720 Posts
But if it's a case of your say so vs their say so, than the court is going with them. But i'm surprised you werent arrested. I thought they would impound the bike and arrest you. Thats what would happen in louisiana.

You gota have balls like these to drive a bike!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thankfully the cops in Ireland cannot take your bike but i was called to go to the cop shop today with my licence and was told i face a 1 year driving ban and a fine up to £2000 is found guilty. I spoke to by brief today and his is going apply to the cops for more information on the method used to catch me. He says that a demo police car does not usually have a calibrated speedo and is this is the case then they cannot prosecute me. I will let you know by next week as they have to respone within 7 days to my brief's notice. Fingers crossed then:(

·
Registered
720 Posts
Banned for 1 year! That is crazy. If that happens you might as well just ride without a liscence and run everytime. Having the bike sit for a year is going to drive you nuts.

You gota have balls like these to drive a bike!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am well pissed at the thought of being banned for a year because i feel the cops forced me to go quicker by sitting so close to me. I have put in a formal complaint against the cops and have claimed their driving was worse than mine. I was told the cops cannot breal the law to catch law breakers and certaintly cannot tail- gate. The meeting with the police complaint team was positive and might give me a loophole to avoid prosecution. We will wait and see.[:0]

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Good luck man. I go to set a court date next week.
I'm hoping for sometime in Winter so I can drive until then :)

A computer is only as smart as the person sitting infront of it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great day in court. The magistrate took into account my claims of entrapment by the police and she said that the police should have stopped me once i broke the speed limit and not let me run to see if they could get a faster speed. She also commented on the fact that the police demo car had no calibrated equipment which also cast doubt of my true speed. However she found me guilty of a lesser offence of breaching a statuatory speed restriction and fined me £50. What a let off, i was going to invite her for a drink after court but thought better off it. The main thing is i still have my licence.
As for the cops, i don't think i have seen the last of them by their comments leaving court, but next time they will have to catch me first.:D:D:D:D

You only get one shot at life, so why waste it on Honda!

·
Registered
30 Posts
The cops said that i hadn't seen the last of them and that they would have me back in court before the end of the year. They have been sitting outside my house now and then but i just lift the phone to the police and report a suspicious vehicle lurking in the neighbourhood and the local cops usually chase them away. The traffic cops spoilt my day last weekend when i was going to the annual North West 200 road races by following me from my door to the races 90 miles away. I had to stick to every speed limit. I got a bit pissed off but it seemed to eventually annoy them more that me[V]

·
Registered
288 Posts
Get a camera & take pictures of them everytime you see them outside your house, that way if they ever catch you again, you can pull the pictures out in court and tell them they've been harrasing you.

Also, I'm sure they will get bored of following you about after a month or so.[^]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good idea, i will dust off the digital camera as they spent about 20 mins outside the house yesterday but i had already gone out on my bike. My missus says they got really pissed off when she went out and offered them a cup of tea and doughnuts :D.

Apparently they don't have a sense of humour [^]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.