Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a bike for parts- hadn't been registered since 09 so there's back fees. I don't care about any of this stuff. but I'm just tryin to be a good guy and help him out.

i heard of a story today of a guy who sold a bike to a guy (he sells many bikes), and one of the guys never registered the bike, thus accruing years of back fees (+$300) to the seller- who the dmv thinks is the owner. which would be fine, except that the DMV took the money out of his taxes!! and they won't tell him which bike is the one accrueing fees.

anyways, so this bike... as far as the dmv knows, its a working bike that just behind on fees. i dont think he listed it as non-op or irrepairable. what does he or I have to do in order to formally induce the bike into bike heaven/hell?

BTW, i'm working with CA dmv. so anyone with specific knowledge with the o-so-taxing CADMV would be welcome! plus, i'm down to hear how they do it in your states too.

thanks guys.

· That Fighter Guy
2006 Kawasaki ZZR600 street fighter
15,167 Posts
Dang. I guess you could have him call the DMV and ask what to do. He could even be anonymous when he asks for advice on the matter. Or you could call yourself and ask. That's what I'd do anyways. Good luck with everything.

· Registered
338 Posts
Back taxes on a vehicle you own.. WTF is that shit.. Another reason not to live in CA

· Where is hoser??
17,306 Posts
I'd try AAA first. If you're near Rancho Cucamonga, go to the office on the NE corner of Foothill and Haven. Ask to speak with Sandy. She has helped me many times and is very knowledgeable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.