Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did it. I went by Kelly's Kawasaki today just in time to see the first 2 orange 636's come out of the crate. They were so pretty that I bought one. I'm picking it up tomorrow. I'm happy as a pig in shit right now. :D

ORANGE RULES!!![8D]

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
nice!! :D
what are you doing with your 03? slag..you're too far away for me to buy it off you lol

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already sold. Been bikeless for a little while now (didn't know the orange '04 would take so long to get here). I'm paying cash for the '04, so Kelly's cut me a decent deal, considereing that they're selling them as fast as they get 'em (year-round riding season here in AZ). I paid $8500 out the door, which is a bit high, but it's worth it to know that I've got the first orange 636 in AZ. :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Cool, great color. Bring it out to Speedworld Wednesday night and we'll get it broken in properly... :D If not, I'll see you out at AMP sometime...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Eh...poiboi808...wot you fricka :D I see you gonna pick up a blue 636 [^] welcome to the forums bro.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Just remember everyone even though its out of commision-waiting for insurance- I was the first with the orange 636;), well atleast on the forum.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Originally posted by Mikey
I'm paying cash for the '04, so Kelly's cut me a decent deal...
That's a common misconception. Dealerships do not give better deals to people who pay cash!!! If anything, they would give a better deal to someone who financed the bike since they receive a kickback from the interest.;)

Congratulations on the bike. The orange is a great color for that bike.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry about being not checking this thread- I've been out riding. :D

I have to get new batteries for my digi cam, and I'll get some pics up. The bike is goorgeous, but already got damaged. Knocked over in a parking lot about 4 hours after I picked it up. Cracked fairing around the right turn signal (not too bad, but I've already ordered a new fairing), snapped right footpeg in half, and minor scratches on right bar end, brake lever, and tiny scratch on the pipe. Pissed me off, but she'll be OK again soon, and it still goes like hell. Honestly, the damage isn't even noticeable unless you look for it.

I've already ordered a new pair of footpegs, Vortex frame sliders, and the new fairing. I'm looking for a decent set of flushmounts for the front, and then it'll probably get an M4 high mount.

Overall, I'm thrilled. The bike's beatiful and goes like hell. At the rate I'm going, it'll be ready for the 1,000 mile service in a week or so. ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
:D Geeeeeez trashed it already :D

I know how you feel though, someone ran into my commodore today in the car park.:( How the hell do you hit a white parked car in broad day light? Already spoke to a smash repairer $3500 [V].

Lucky someone saw it and left a note with the rego number and the witnesses phone number so come monday someone is getting hunted. Then there will be [:M112] followed by [:M8] and then [:M110].

·
Registered
136 Posts
Looking good, I was gonna paint mine a darker shade of orange over the winter till I saw the 04s

now gotta get a new paint scheme in

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.