Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going about 25-30 MPH in first gear. I would roll on the throttle to get the front shocks to expand and retract a couple times, then once I got a good rythm started, I rolled on the throttle even harder while the shock was retracted, to get the wheel up. I landed 2 wheelies last night by this method. Tell me what you think about this method.

·
Registered
913 Posts
learn the bounce method, much more control, or if your gonna blip the throttle in 1st to get it up just ride till redline then quickly shift to 2nd to keep it going.

yea and try not to loop it, its no fun....

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
you are going to crash if you havent already. the key to a good wheelie is smooth and easy throttle. use the clutch for what its meant for already!!!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was powering up until yesterday I went to a parking lot and started clutching (1st gear at about 10mph then pull in clutch with one finger about 1/2 way and throttle to like 11K then dump-it). You get to the BP so much quicker and your going slower so it's not as scary :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
When you clutch do you wot till 10k or just slightly open throttle. i was trying it all weekend but i wasn't wot, all i could think was looping a 1 month old 636 lol. If wot it needed i'll do it though. just want to make sure first. thanks

·
Registered
668 Posts
NO DONT go WOT..that bike will be looped and youll be saying bye bye to your babay and some lucky stunter out there will get buying a 06 636 that needs a subframe.

jsut give it mroe gas each time until it starts coming up. use clutch liek a trigger. dont pay attention to rpms. feel it.

and stay comfy. when your not comfy youll wreck

·
Registered
347 Posts
kool man i just hear alot about wot on here. i jut wanted to ask before doing it. i tried it the other night but spun the tire. it was pretty cold outside so i guess that is to blame. i suppose that means i was close though huh?

·
Registered
913 Posts
He has a powerfull enough bike that he doesnt need to use cluutch, learn to bounce it and save your bikes internals. New transmissions arent cheap.

·
Registered
668 Posts
dont listen to rednijan douchbag super guy. he likes to run peopel off the roade while riding "controlled wheelie"

its gonn be hard clutchin them in thes temps.

lower tire psi and do a little burnout before. lower psi to about 20. go bout a slow rol at about 5-10 mph. make cluthc it out before you "clutch" it up. give gas and pull cluthc lie a trgiier simultanously.

best advice i can give over the internet. keep coming back with what happend and ill let you know what to do. i wann ahelp you out bro.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think you should try a seat stander next sounds like you got it

·
Registered
249 Posts
sounds like the kid has throttle control on lock :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Originally posted by woncrzymof0
yea dude.. what is with all you guys and first gear stand ups and dumpin clutches... our bikes are powerful enough... stand up.. bounce the front and peg the gas in 2nd doin like. 60 mph... they come up so easy and ride out smooth.. no clutch needed.. and first gear is scary man... to easy to go back.. not enough speed... its not smooth.. learn 2nd gear.. and how to not dump the clutch
YOUR Officially the biggest retard on this forum. listen before you tell someone the wrong thing obviously the kid can tell I'm joking your a moron if you think a controlled wheelie is bouncing it in second doing mach 10. A. Your going to loop in any gear if you never learn brake control. B. squids straddle the bike to learn a wheelie its staggered (left foot rear peg). C. you may not be smooth but i can ride engine brake in almost any gear with not chopping the throttle at all. any person knows not to rev their bike out and pop the clutch, thats been the joke since i started riding. everyone clutches it up unless your a squid rocking 100mph wheelies down the highway. [:Squid]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.