Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those unfamiliar with Dos Equis / The Most Interesting Man in the World, the thread title will probably not be very funny and for that I apologize in advance. :p

I've lurked here for a while and just bought my 2009 500R in March. I have only ridden it once (still waiting to take the MSF course) but after browsing various forums I'm starting to have second thoughts about my purchase. Just looking to get some second opinions from fellow Kawi riders, so I suspect I'll be posting a thread about my situation shortly.

So hi for now, and I have to say I'm impressed with the positive vibes here. From what I've seen everyone is pretty constructive and easygoing, without the hostility and flames that plague some other forums. It's all about learning and having a good time...after all, most of us bought motorcycles to have a good time, not to argue about whose is better. My girlfriend recently bought a V-Star 650, and I don't see it as a better or worse bike than mine...just different. And I can't wait to ride it, too!

· Premium Member
15,187 Posts
welcome to the zoo

the job "most interesting man on kawiforums" has already been taken by some graybearded old fuck. :D:D:D

· Registered
217 Posts
I approve of the username, the thread title and the beer. And the bike! Nothing wrong with the 2009 500R. It looks a lot sexier than the previous 500s, in my opinion.

Welcome aboard, good sir.

· Registered
48 Posts
but after browsing various forums I'm starting to have second thoughts about my purchase.
Second thoughts? About a 500R?

The 500R is a pretty awesome starter bike. (Much better than my 88' 600R that I started on) It's pretty fast for a "starter" bike and only lacks the top end acceleration. But it gets great gas mileage and isn't an ugly bike.

My only dislike towards the bike, and this is personal preference, is that it is carbureted.

So Lateralus, what don't you like about the bike that is giving you second thoughts?

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

cms9690 said:
Second thoughts? About a 500R?

The 500R is a pretty awesome starter bike. (Much better than my 88' 600R that I started on) It's pretty fast for a "starter" bike and only lacks the top end acceleration. But it gets great gas mileage and isn't an ugly bike.

My only dislike towards the bike, and this is personal preference, is that it is carbureted.

So Lateralus, what don't you like about the bike that is giving you second thoughts?
The fact that it's carbureted. ;) I made a thread with more detail here, but thankfully it seems carbs aren't the devil after all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.