Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have heard tons of people say that they are able to pull the front up in 2nd with just the throttle. I have tried but an only able to get the front up a couple of inches. If i get it up to about 11,000 and bounce it it comes up a little but it already at redline. I have tried it lower in the rev range but it just wont do it. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I know that I am getting the throttle all the way open too. Damn this is starting to drive me nuts!!

Chris
03 636

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have done it in second, completely stock, no gear changes, exhaust or power commander. I had to blip the throttle a couple of times, it would bounce just a little the first time and then the second would come up just as fast as it does in first, kinda of scared me a little to begin with didn't expect it to come up that easy, oh yeah I also tugged a little on the bars not much though.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've not ventured into 2nd gear power wheelies yet but maybe you need to find the right RPM to do it at.

I dropped a tooth in the front and I thought I'd still have to be at 6-8K before the front would come up. NOPE. I can ride at a steady 4K and just SLAM the throttle 80-90% and it comes right up. At 4K you've got a good amount of torque. That's why.

Keep trying. Experiment.

Yellow '01

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have also been able to throttle it up in 2nd when my bike was stock. I recently dropped a tooth in the front and it came up even easier. However, just the other day I dialed in my suspension to handle good(the recomendations on sportbike) and it is now harder to throttle up in 2nd. It takes way to much effort so I have to clutch it now, or just start in first, but that doesn't go over to well on the parkways, lol...

·
Registered
572 Posts
In stock form I usde to get the wheel up with clutching, with the 42 tooth rear I can either compress and pull it up or use a small road dip or bump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.