Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today coming to work I saw a downed rider in the pouring rain. I stopped to ask if he was alright (I was in the cage) and his reply was yes. Unfortunetly I couldnt let myself leave him struggling with the bike. He was lifting with his back and seemed to be having one heck of a time with it.

I stopped the car to walk over and show him the best way to lift a bike by yourself. (Handle and rear subframe method) Now comes the worst part, once the bike is upright I notce that it's a sexy gunmetal grey with integrated front turn signals (into the mirrors.) Then I look at the badging, Daytona 999.

Well the bike had a few scratches on the fairing but nothing major, looked like his foot slipped at the stopped and it went over. He was really bummed (older gentleman, maybe mid 50's) so I reassured him telling him that at least it didnt end with a broken leg.

All-in-all I feel very euphoric at the moment. But of course that'll wear off by the end of my 3rd shift, haha.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Good for you, man... if more riders looked out for each other like that, it would be a much nicer ride...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Kudos lmidgitD.

I stupidly dropped my bike leaving the parking lot at work last week and as I was struggling to pick it up, some guy on a touring bike stopped and gave me a hand. It was much appreciated as I was having trouble, that bike is heavy and I was down to one good ankle at that point (need better riding boots apparently).

I thought it was an unwritten rule to stop if a fellow biker is stopped at the side of the road, but awhile ago when my daughters bike had a problem on the highway nobody stopped although lots of bikes went by, maybe it wasn't obvious enough that we had a problem. I would rather find out someone is just stopping to look at the view or stretch than risk leaving someone who could use a hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.