Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after posting over in the PWT about how I was finally to the point of literally being in tears over not having my bike, and scouring every craigslist within about 300 miles, I made a desperate attempt at calling dealers... wouldn't you know that the second one I called has a black one?
I had my heart set on blue, but black was my second choice. It was $180 more, but I went for it!

I *know* that they will call tomorrow and have my blue one in, or some stupid shit like that, but I am hoping that if that happens I can sell the black. I hope that the black will grow on me and i'll get over not having the blue, but we'll see...

More pics further down in #35

·
Registered
451 Posts
that's awesome congrats!!! For a while we figured you were going to be just another jeterfan (no offense Jeter, you'll get on two wheels one day).

make sure to post pics of the new ride!

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
2.45 hours now...what are you still doing online?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have to wait for my husband to get home with the kid- I didn't feel comfortable driving across the mountain towing it on the trailer by myself... crosswinds can be a bitch
i'll have pics up later tonight- I promise!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Need help to get it home....

So now that I'm going to get my bike in a couple of hours, I need help to get it home. Since it's a different dealership I'm going to have to trailer it....
This is my trailer

The bottom is the same diamond mesh. What do I need to do as far as a chock... I was thinking of running to the hardware store and getting a couple of eye-bolts and some large fender washers to use as a tiedown on either side of the tire in the floor or bolt down a couple of 2x4s on either side of the tire... but I am open to other suggestions

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$4180 and I'll need to pay another $27 in VA for vehicle registration.... the other dealership wanted $4001 - since it wasn't the color I wanted and cost $200 more I hesitated, but what's done is done...

oh, and if anyone else is looking near VA, there is one at triangle in danville.... red - but they claim msrp went up to 3999 and wanted 45xx....

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
I would throw a piece of plywood down, bolt that to the trailer and then use the eye bolt thing for tieing the bike to the trailer.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Yay! Good for you.....:clap: Now do a little dance......:banana: and later do a little riding...:Bike:

And that's a pretty good OTD price...don't feel too bad about it. A lot of poeple paid a whole lot more.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
yeah for Kat! Whoo hoo! congrats on finally getting the bike. Hope it's all you want it to be. Can't wait to see the pics, and have fun riding!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok- chopped a 4 x 4 in half and have 4 3/8" x 6" carriage bolts with big ass fender washers to fashion a wheel chock on the bed of the trailer and a kazillion tie downs in the trunk....nothing like using power tools in the sun to get you all hot and sweaty!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.