Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after posting over in the PWT about how I was finally to the point of literally being in tears over not having my bike, and scouring every craigslist within about 300 miles, I made a desperate attempt at calling dealers... wouldn't you know that the second one I called has a black one?
I had my heart set on blue, but black was my second choice. It was $180 more, but I went for it!

I *know* that they will call tomorrow and have my blue one in, or some stupid shit like that, but I am hoping that if that happens I can sell the black. I hope that the black will grow on me and i'll get over not having the blue, but we'll see...

More pics further down in #35

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
2.45 hours now...what are you still doing online?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have to wait for my husband to get home with the kid- I didn't feel comfortable driving across the mountain towing it on the trailer by myself... crosswinds can be a bitch
i'll have pics up later tonight- I promise!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Need help to get it home....

So now that I'm going to get my bike in a couple of hours, I need help to get it home. Since it's a different dealership I'm going to have to trailer it....
This is my trailer

The bottom is the same diamond mesh. What do I need to do as far as a chock... I was thinking of running to the hardware store and getting a couple of eye-bolts and some large fender washers to use as a tiedown on either side of the tire in the floor or bolt down a couple of 2x4s on either side of the tire... but I am open to other suggestions

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$4180 and I'll need to pay another $27 in VA for vehicle registration.... the other dealership wanted $4001 - since it wasn't the color I wanted and cost $200 more I hesitated, but what's done is done...

oh, and if anyone else is looking near VA, there is one at triangle in danville.... red - but they claim msrp went up to 3999 and wanted 45xx....

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
I would throw a piece of plywood down, bolt that to the trailer and then use the eye bolt thing for tieing the bike to the trailer.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Yay! Good for you.....:clap: Now do a little dance......:banana: and later do a little riding...:Bike:

And that's a pretty good OTD price...don't feel too bad about it. A lot of poeple paid a whole lot more.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok- chopped a 4 x 4 in half and have 4 3/8" x 6" carriage bolts with big ass fender washers to fashion a wheel chock on the bed of the trailer and a kazillion tie downs in the trunk....nothing like using power tools in the sun to get you all hot and sweaty!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.