Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Title of this thread is misleading. Jet Ski is a trademarked name for a Kawasaki water craft. This is a Yamaha machine and likely a WaveRunner.

You sir, will be hearing from my lawyers.

But seriously nice score. Does it run ?

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sue me! i look forward to it :D

and it doesn't run, but has a box of new parts. it's suspected theres a broken trigger coil mount, but the owner was unable to remove the flywheel to access it. i will pull the motor most likely. should be a super easy fix. either way, free is free and the hull is in very good shape inside and out.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
That's awesome, Jeem. Hell, even if I hated water soorts I would tske a free jetski/wave runner/wtf ever. Flip it and sell it. And by flip it I mean make it run, don't go ZX7R high side on it.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
sue me! i look forward to it :D

and it doesn't run, but has a box of new parts. it's suspected theres a broken trigger coil mount, but the owner was unable to remove the flywheel to access it. i will pull the motor most likely. should be a super easy fix. either way, free is free and the hull is in very good shape inside and out.
Sweet. Now you can impress all those chicas down at the water....

Question is not valid.
This "jetski" is in Jimbos possession. Therefore it is safe to assume that it is not running.
Ah... you sir are very much correct. I have no idea what I was thinking.

·
Pursebully
37,561 Posts

·
Pursebully
37,561 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I wonder how fast that thing would run with a megasquirt, A turbo and a water/air intercooler?

XD

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Question is not valid.
This "jetski" is in Jimbos possession. Therefore it is safe to assume that it is not running.
this...
That's awesome, Jeem. Hell, even if I hated water soorts I would tske a free jetski/wave runner/wtf ever. Flip it and sell it. And by flip it I mean make it run, don't go ZX7R high side on it.
i hope the gators don't get me, honestly. i already figured i will be cruising through the sounds and up the cape fear river when i get it, and theres some 14 footers in there.. i will probably have a go-pro and EPIRB.. lol

Sweet. Now you can impress all those chicas down at the water....

Ah... you sir are very much correct. I have no idea what I was thinking.
the current chica approves highly, and yes.. what the ruski says!
That's cool man keep up updated on the progress
i shall, good sir
now the big question....what are you going to name it...

the love boat
i have no idea. i have never named anything.

this
nice man, jet ski's are fun.

I'm just here to tell Green how much I like the new avatar though.
it soytenly is nice.
he approves of your approval!
I wonder how fast that thing would run with a megasquirt, A turbo and a water/air intercooler?

XD
i was already considering this. its a 650 i think. but i do believe its also a 2 stroke.. whilst 2 strokes are fun to turbo, they're kind of a pain to deal with..

i considered what a direct-drive R6 set up would be like and i figured it'd cavitate like a mofo.. i'd probably have to design and machine a special impeller that would spin to 15Krpm without boiling the water. believe me though, i will be looking into perhaps one of the K03s going on it. 2 strokes have close exhaust pulses and its a twin 650. the gas flow should be plenty for a small snail to spool up nicely at 5-8psi.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts