Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Moderhater
62,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright folks here is the story I have been telling some of you about. Back in July on the 24th that evening I went on a cool evening ride, it was about 100 degrees that day so it was too hot to ride during the day. It was a monday evening and I had just returned home from Maui, anxious to get on my BRAND NEW 06 ZX10R with just a little over 300 miles on it and take it for spin plus I needed to get through the break in period so it needed miles. I quickly suited up as always with full leathers, I decided to ride up to ACH a.k.a Angles crest Highway and then through La Canada and back down on the 210 freeway into pasadena. By the way thats where I live. I then figured that I am low on gas so would fill up but before I did I would just cruise through old town Pasadena and see what was going on downtown for a monday night. I reach the west end of Pasadena and from colorodo blvd I made a right up Pasadena ave which turns into Corson st and that street runs paralell to the 210 freeway. I was headed east back to Lake Ave to the 76 station. Its about 8:45pm and I am approaching the intersection of corson and walnut street, Corson st. bears to the right before the intersection and I could see that I had a green light to go through the inetersection so I was good to roll on. I could see a large 2 ton white truck slowing down for his red light so I knew he was stopping. I was going approx 40mph into the intersection, oh by the way this intersection is right next to the big parsons building, Anyway going about 40mph I am just about through the intersection and then BAMMM, Lights out for me. I can barely remember comming in and out of consciounus in the E.R. And the ambulance apparently I was comming in and out qouting lines from the movie Team America. I woke up the next day with doctors all around me, I dont remember a thing, I didnt know where I was, And I didnt know what had happened, And let me tell you I felt like SHIT! When I was coherient enough the doctors had told me that my right arm and shoulder was shattered and my nose and upper jaw was broken. They were worried about my pelvis they thought it sustained severel fracters. Two weeks I spent at Huntington Memorial Hospital, during that time I had reconstructive plastic surgery on my nose and upper jaw, The Orthepedic who was wacthing my arm said he could save it with a prosthetic joint and simple reconstruction. My pelvis turned out to be ok as with my organs. The brusing around my body was intense like something from a horror film. Just 5 min before I had the surgery for my arm the Orthepdeic said he had been studying the MRI'S and X rays and thought when he will openend me up that he might be able to pin it all back together, but he wasnt sure and said it was unlikely for my arm and shoulder were a mess. Amazingly enough 2 hours and 45 minutes later I came out with pins in my arm, He saved my arm! The Doctor said most likely greater than 70% it would not heal and that we would have to do the prosthetic joint anyway but I was so determind to get through this i said 'Doc youve done your part now ill do mine"! and that was to do what ever it took to heal my shoulder. Just to let you all know that I later found out that the guy who hit me had no insurance and was not a legal U.S. citizen. At the time of impact I went through his windsheild and out his passanger window. he hit me going about 35 to 40 mph, and when I thought he was stopping he didnt! He ran the red light but didnt know anybody was comming in the other direction all he could hear was my zx10r and boom he took me out. The Guy who hit me has no assets and lives in shithole aparmtent in panarama city, so I had no legal options. However I have done most of my recovery my self still yet to start physical therapy I have about 70% range of motion and 40% of my strenth and in time it will get better. I now have a brand new 07 zx10r and I have been taking it super slow and easy. So thats it for now folks I left out some details but Ill share more with you later. I will be uploading some pictures of my arm and the bike and my stay in the hospital. I am so glad to get back on the saddle and every one has said that I am so stupid to get back on a bike and I just tell them they have no idea how great it is to ride!!![8D] I know you will all agree!

Cheers Mates!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Glad to see your back in the saddle!!! Good to hear your actually here to tell your story. Sorry but seems like alot of accidents people dont have insurance or anything. Best of luck to full heal!!! Enjoy your new bike and ride safe!:D

·
Moderhater
62,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the picture of my arm there are actuallly four pins there but only three you can see , one was inside me. they have taken it out with the other three. Ill get more pics of my face and stuff later on in the topic.
[:M11]

·
Moderhater
62,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh just let you all know they found my bike 60 yards away from the scene of the accident in the side of a brick building. I gues my bike got launched and I went through the guys truck.[}:)]

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well at least you had the fastest color bike!!! You would also think just like mine, You cant miss the color dumb people!!! Hopefully you had health insurance.

·
Registered
803 Posts
It's unreal you lived through that much less are back riding. Your positive attitude no doubt helps a lot. Hope your recovery continues well.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Nice to see you're still with us.

did you have insurance on your bike?

(i am guessing so since you seem to be in such a good mood about the whole thing.)

Heres to your speedy and full recovery. >>>drinks beer<<<

·
Moderhater
62,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cheers to that mate![^]Yes I had all insurances and such have been applied and used. Though dont get me wrong im not really in a great mood more than I am greatfull. I have worked hard to try and get life back to where it was before this all happened, and now that it is starting to return to normal again this experience has really taught me that life is short but great and should be filled with good times, Kinda like " let the good times roll" but yeah lets all work to play hard right? thats How I am getting though it. Pain is temporary pride is forever.

·
Registered
543 Posts
that's a hard story bro! main thing is that you survived and are well on your way to recovering. i give you MASSIVE thumbs up for your attitude and outlook! [:M86]
hope the recovery is speedy and hope there aren't any lingering affects!
good like man!
-anth-

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
my sympathies, at least you're here typing about it.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Damn. It just amazes me that people can manage to drive without insurance. You have to have proof of insurance to get a plate and (yearly) registration sticker in PA. I hear Florida is really bad for that too.

Anyway, sorry to hear about the crash, but it sounds like your positive attitude will get you through the rehab. Take it easy and enjoy that new 10R.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
For illegals it is not hard to drive without insurance, they dont usually have tags, insurance, or DL 95% of the time.

one of my riding freinds wife was just broadsided by some after she dropped him off at the airport. Had his bike in the back of their truck as he was coming to the airport straight from our last track day. Illegals ran a red light, broad sided their truck which in turn ripped the bike out of the bed and flung it into a telephone pole. Ripped the front end fo the bike off and then the bike continued on down the median in the grass flipping 20 to 30 feet in the air from what the witnesses said. Totals the truck and the bike.

thankfully his wife and both of his girls were buckeld in and all of them walked away.

I hope the best for you. find out of the dirt bag works anywhere and garnish his wages. If he does report income get the INS involved and get him deported. Make his life just as tough as your has been.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That happen to me, and I would getting in touch with whomever hit me. They will pay, one way or the other.

Glad to hear you made it out.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Shit, if I ran into an illegal immigrant with no insurance that hit me, it would be hard for me not to start punching his ass. If they get caught like that, they should be deported, but the government is too stupid to do that. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.