Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so my girlfriends mom works at a hotel...No big deal right?, well it is when the hayden brothers are staying at that hotel over the weekend for the race at mid-ohio. So after she made a few phone calls I was able to leave my jacket and seat cowl at the front desk and when they came in to check in, she was going to give my stuff to them and them sign it...well only roger came to check in....

·
Registered
380 Posts
That's sweet. My buddy had Eric Buell sign his gas tank on his Buell and put some "protective" wax over it that instantly wiped away the signature. Careful what you do!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I had Roger and Tommy both sign posters for me at Laguna. If I was thinking, I would of had them sign my seat cowl as well. I was going to have Shinya Nakano sign my lid, but I was doing the parade lap while he was signing.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Be carefull if you get the cowl clear coated. I have heard that sometimes it can cause the ink from the pen to run. Make sure if you do it the shop that does it is very carefull and doesn't ruin the signature. Another option might be to get some clear stick on vynil or someting to put over the sig.

Nice score BTW!

·
Registered
19 Posts
[:Agree]....Check into 3M transparent urethane paint protection films. (The stuff the sell for car bumpers, hoods, and rocker panels). They also sell just sections that are not computer cut based on the vehicle. You could get a small squared-off section to apply just over the signature.

That stuff rocks. After it's applied, you forget it's there. Wax over it, wash it, anything. Business as usual. If it's good enough to stop rock chips and bug guts, I'd imagine it would work.

--btw - Lucky bastard...grrrr

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Awesome! I think it would be cool to get mine signed too.. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.