Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a buddy of mine were on the highway out by the beach just hanging out when a supra rolled by at about 100mph. I said "let's get em'". So we suited up real quick and set the bikes to a cruise of about 135mph. We caught up to him in about a minute or so, where he started slowing down. I switched it down to 3rd and I beleive he did the same. We both took off from there and I started to pull away from him(I thought), until he decided to really get in it. He pulled away slowly until I hit the limiter in 6th gear, then he really started to pull away from me:(. He must have been going at least 170-180mph. I felt VIOLATED[V], because I was the one that started the whole thing. Let that be a lesson to me not to mess with those cars unless the road has some curves in it:). I'm sure that he had some serious work done though.(by the way for those of you on long island watch out for a red supra;))

------

Rubber side down, One wheel up!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
If it's any consolation, he knows what he put into that supra, and based on that knowledge, he probably expected to smoke you. But he didn't (not really), so I think he gained at least a little respect for bikes too. Now, the next time he pulls up to a busa... (well, you know how that goes...) :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
dont feel bad my friend and I both had supra turbos (90 and 93) and niether would touch your bike when they were stock. So think of all the work and money he had to put into it to beat you

------

david

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea there is no doubt in my mind that this guy had put a lot more money into his car than my bike is worth, that's not even including the cost of his car to begin with. I so wish that I had a ZX9 or ZX12 at the time though:D

------

Rubber side down, One wheel up!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
My friend has a 94 supra and we just got done installing a nice big ass sp67 which should put him at around 700hp at the wheel. Before that he had a BPU++ kit on it and was runnin about 490. I dont know what they run stock but I know on his turbos he was pushin 19.8psi ON STOCK TURBOS!!!!! Sucked for him cause I could take off on him preaty easy and all I had was a stock 99 zx6r w/ a two bros can (R.I.P.). I think that if you hung with him he doesnt have to much money under the hood but a $7000+ turbo kit will make him spank you and feel like you just got it from bubba!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not to worry, in fact, cars (not all) have the advantage at higher speeds. Wind resistence becomes the single biggest hurtle in the end. You have to keep adding a lot more hp to add any more HP after the 150-160 mark....from there up its really a question of HP vs drag coefficient. And some cars have pretty good DC's. So dont feel bad, he obviously has worked on the motor quite a bit. If he has worked on the suspension as much he could be hell in the twisties if he has the wheel skills. Dunno, find him and take him too some twisties and come back and tell us :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HAHA!! Found him. He lives about 25 minutes from me in a nice rich area. He is 18 years old and the car has very mild work done(although he said the car cost him 40,000) Anyway, my friend who has a 636 wound up going against him and the supra could not get in front of him for the distance that they went[^]. Granted I'm sure the car would once again prevail at the higher speeds(150 and up) So my buddy pulled in the lot with him to talk and he said that he knows a lot of cars that like to race with bikes from rolls(wish I had a ZX12R). I think we are going to go play with them anyway[:p]. I just want to race them from a standstill, cause I know I got them covered then:)

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Sorry to tell ya but rich kids don't really care about how much cash they put in their cars so i'm pretty sure he wasn't thinking about the mods to his car while we was pulling away.
Next time take him at the line or get him on a shorter road and be carefull at those speeds dude.

·
Registered
700 Posts
18 and drivin a supra, just not right

·
Registered
22 Posts
yea his mom and dad must really think highly of him huh turnimh him loose in that if he has that much done we know he had it before he was 18 thats just stupid

·
Registered
315 Posts
one of my friends has a 96 twin turbo rx7. i havent had the pleasure of racing him yet but im sure hie would pull away from me at the top end. i had his car once out on the interstate and at an indicated 168 it still had some go left in it. that right there is faster than any 600.
really theres no question that the kid you raced has atleast 400+ hp in that supra. it takes a whole lotta grunt to get past 160 in anything. and like someone just posted: be careful at those speeds, a little headshake and youre a gonner

·
Registered
321 Posts
I was 19 with a twin turbo Z. I was paying 500 a month between payment and insurance, but I had keys and the title. A 300ZX is a near 2 ton car too. weighed in like 3600. Both the TT supra, and the Z started off from 300 HP from the factory, so 400HP comes with a boost controller and a better exhaust. I'm working on my 240/180SX to get it in the neighborhood of around 300HP, only thats a 2,700lbs rear wheel drive car. but yeah, for the most part once it gets over 130 the gap between power/weight closes quick. R.I.P 300ZX:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.