Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
because he gave me a ticket for no Motorcycle endorsement on my class C license..and said i can get it dismissed if i get my motorcycle endorsement within 10 days. So in 9 days i get my M endorsement and take it court on my schedule court date. I go and plead not guilty, judge, not happy, sends me to another court room to get the case reset and trial by judge...the other guy in the other court room...immidiately starts to hassle me about paying $150 and taking the drivers ed ... if not then i would pay $600 if i went to court to fight it....i told that guy what the cop said and he said..well that cop lied to you..so i said 'well then on court date, i well let that cop know YOU said he is a LIAR'

anyways im just ranting and awaiting my court date with my $50 lawyer
i been thru this before and it seem that this town doesnt like cheap lawyers and rather use scare tactics instead of trial by judge and hell no they want trial by jury..no jury ever shows up....last time i ran a red light..more like right turn on red light after already a complete stop..the court didnt want to go thru with the trial and dismissed it...hope it goes well this time around

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
good luck, glad i don't have bs cops like that around here. if a cop here tells you something like that, they also tell you to show up at court and come talk to them before you ticket is called.

was the cop not there?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is the court date to say your guilty or not guilty then we get a new court date to actually go to trial by judge or jury...but lets say you got a ticket for no insurance but you do have it just didnt have that insurance card on you..then the first court date..you would just show them the judge that you had insurance on that day and they would dismiss it...they would not do that for me for the no M endorsement..plus i had the speeding ticket..but still..now im fighting two tickets instead of one which could be dismissed...

so now the court date trial by judge is where the cop actually would have to show up...hope he not a LIAR

whatever it comes to be it sux

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
thats a fucked up system there man, if i plead not guilty, the judge asks jury or judge trial like yours i guess, but i can ask to have my say rite then and there and the judge will here you out and the cop that ticketed you is always there, so you and the cop can pretty much explain both sides to the judge and let him make a quick decision. if the cops not there, he's in trouble with the judge.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Unfortunate situation, but completely avoidable had you just got your endorsement....

Don't get me wrong, I understand why you want to fight the ticket, but why were ya riding without it in the first place?

You said
lets say you got a ticket for no insurance but you do have it just didnt have that insurance card on you..then the first court date..you would just show them the judge that you had insurance on that day and they would dismiss it...they would not do that for me for the no M endorsement..plus i had the speeding ticket..
You are correct, if you HAD insurance, but didn't have your card you would get it dismissed. According to the OP, you didn't even have a license, so why would you expect a citation for a lack of one to be dismissed after the fact?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
So you got a ticket for not having your license? What's there to argue? Clearly, you're in the wrong. Also, I don't get really what you're saying...grammar and spelling is your friend you know...

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
That's why I got my motorcycle license BEFORE I ever rode my bike(s).

--David

·
Registered
626 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
i have my permit but no m1 i just ride around town and take back roads to where ever i need to go...pretty much all the freeway's around here are teeming with soccer moms in their suv's sipping latte's and texting their child as the change the radio stations and eat a nice burger from the golden arches...but ill eventually get it...just dont have the $250 for the MSF right now

·
Registered
90 Posts
Of course though, it couldn't possibily be his fault he was driving without an endorsement. The cop lied to him.

You guys are mean >_>

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,869 Posts
Of course though, it couldn't possibily be his fault he was driving without an endorsement. The cop lied to him.

You guys are mean >_>
Entitlements. Ugh.

I just wish it was November 5th already. My brain is fried. :(

Reactions: CSVT

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's no wonder the judge didn't cut you any slack....you were pulled over for speeding and in the process, you also had no M endorsement to legally ride a bike.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts