Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally broke down and got rid of my zx6r....my 02 was pretty much run into the ground. I did however stick to a kawi and went to a Z1000. I absolutely love it. Torque, power and it revs nice. Vibrates a bit but just enough to let you know you're on a big bike. wheelies nice. I can honestly say it corners as well as my 6, accelerates harder and the upright position allows me to do some serious miles without back pain... i guess this means i have to leave the forum..

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
No you don't. That's why it's kawiforums.com and not zx6r.com now. You can be the mod of the new Z1000/750 category if you want, sice you're the first.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I rode a Z1000 this summer too and LOVED it. If I had been in the market for a second bike this year, the Z would have been the ticket. It does accelerate hard, and an aftermarket exhaust will give you a better top end rush, especially a nice 4-2-1 system (Akrapovic... mmmmmm...). The Z may handle with your '02, but the '03 636 or 6RR will FAR outhandle the big bike. That's not to say the Z1000 isn't surprisingly good in the twisties, but it honestly won't touch the 636. However, in wheelie terms... I wish I could spend more time on the big Z... it's a DEMON on one wheel...

Maybe some day when I'm not livin' paycheck to paycheck... sigh... soooo many toys, so little time... even LESS money.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
You can check out but you can never leave. Hold on, I've heard that b/4, oh well!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
oh shit, i remember reading reviews on the new z1000 and was really liking that bike. Glad to hear it kicks ass!!! post some pics if ya can..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.