333 Posts
Hahahaha You got me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[:M111]

:D:D:D:D

mfzx6r

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not sure if it is sicker than a 600rr though. The 636 is cool but also looks exactly the same as the RR. It might be faster in a straight line but that is about it.:D

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Originally posted by wyd
Not sure if it is sicker than a 600rr though. The 636 is cool but also looks exactly the same as the RR. It might be faster in a straight line but that is about it.:D
Bringing this topic back from the dead. But, just wanted to clarify that he was referring to the Honda 600RR, not the 6RR.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by wyd
Well, that being said the 600RR wasn't exactly setting the race world on fire like people thought it would. But the 636 didn't seem to have to many problems on the track. [:p]

·
Registered
105 Posts
well in a review on motorcyleusa.com, they said the r6 is probably the best out of the 600's, followed by the 600RR. The only thing the Kawi was good at was again, the straight line. The r6 and 600RR won in handling, and a bunch of other things..[V] but for some reason, when I got on a r6, I just felt like its not comfortable, not the more agressive seat position, but just being on the bike. So I got back on my kawi[^] Felt good again!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
i dunno what to believe anymore..every mag says something different. i guess all that's left for a buyer to do is test ride all of em :D

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Originally posted by wyd

Hahahah, I hope you're not comparing the 636 and the Honda on track because the gearing on the 636 is closer and can rip out of corners faster than any of the other 600ss bikes. Even magazine journalists were disappointed with the CBR600RR coming out of corners... "Where was the power?" is what they said.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by Blitz n Green
well in a review on motorcyleusa.com, they said the r6 is probably the best out of the 600's, followed by the 600RR. The only thing the Kawi was good at was again, the straight line. The r6 and 600RR won in handling, and a bunch of other things..[V] but for some reason, when I got on a r6, I just felt like its not comfortable, not the more agressive seat position, but just being on the bike. So I got back on my kawi[^] Felt good again!
Almost all the british magizines loved the 636. I think a lot of the magizines here are some what biased towards there sponsers. When I hear how awesome a bike is on one page, then flip to another with the bike in an advertisement I get a little skeptical. I will say they picked the 600RR to win it all, and it didnt even come close. The only magizine I read that said the Yamaha R6 was worth a grain of salt compared to the new bikes was Cycleworld.com, and they were right it won practically all the 600 hundred supersports in AMA, and did great over seas.

I think a lot of peoples perceptions of the new 636 where based on the stock suspension settings. God damn those settings were designed for some 400 pound fat ass. I changed them according to performance bikes recommendations for my weight and I couldnt have been happier. In fact when I first got it I was so pissed off at how it handled I thought I wasted money. Once it completely changed the entire suspension settings I was in awe of the thing, so flickable. Best bike I ever owned. Hopefully my new liter bike rather it be the 10R or R1 will feel the same way. :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
what setting did you put it on?i havent touched mine but i would like to if it will help im a 150 lbs and it dosent seem to be bouncy enough to bounce it up in second and tips on suspension would be great...

keep one wheel up(you choose which one)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was carrying a big stick into the forum, you got me. IMHO there really isn't a perfect 600, what really matters is what the bike feels like to you and your intended use. With all the hype of the R6 I went down and got one this past May, only to find out at a track day that the 636 was the bike for me. All the 600s are leaps and bounds compared to the bikes of yester year, just ask my pop. The real difference is the pilot.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The mag that I read said that on the track the 636 was dead even with the CBR. But, I've been on my buddy's CBR and it cant touch the power band of my 636. I'm in Colorado Spings and because of the elevation you have to bounce the CBR up but my 636 will still come up with no clutch or bouncing. I love the handling as well. Question: Has anyone tankslaped on this bike or is that just a rumor?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've had one tankslapper at about 90 under hard acceleration. Banged my wrists on the tank 3 times. Just keep accelerating through it and stay light on the bars and you'll be fine. Many times get the wiggles under acceleration on bumpy roads. Just remember that it's normal and the suspension is just doing it's thing, finding traction. Let it do it's job and it will. Best thing you can do is not let it scare you, but rest assured, it WILL wake your a$$ up. :)

Oh yeah, get a steering damper. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.