Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
would you like an award?? tires arent something i would push that many miles buy a new set

·
Registered
293 Posts
Is that on the rear, if it is that's great mileage, I may get those tires next. Have any pictures of how they currently look?

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is that on the rear, if it is that's great mileage, I may get those tires next. Have any pictures of how they currently look?
I'll get some pictures today. Starting to get pretty square-ish, but I've still got about 1mm to the wear bars on the rear. Yes, it is the front AND rear that have this mileage. The front tire still looks great.

Had I kept my tire pressure up all the time (I'm bad about checking it), I probably could have made it a full year on them. Looks like they'll be done by the new year and that will make them aprox. 14k or so miles old, or 6-7 months worth of tireage. Wow, I didn't realize I rode my bike that much this year. I mounted them 5/13 so if I make it to Jan. 1st I'll be happy!

First Review:

http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=109825&highlight=pirelli+diablo+stradas

Update Review:

http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=119948&highlight=pirelli+diablo+stradas

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
seriously, Sport touring tires are the bomb. I'm just messing with my good pal Trig. I got over 10k off my bt-021's and only changed them because I was going on a cali trip that woul've put over 1,200 more miles on them. Didn't want to risk it but I'm sure they could've handled it.

why anyone would waste their money on sport tires is beyond me.

I love it when ass clowns ask me how "hard I ride?" when I tell them to get an ST tire. Then when I ride with them they get left in the dust. That quickly makes believers out of them. :D

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
seriously, Sport touring tires are the bomb. I'm just messing with my good pal Trig. I got over 10k off my bt-021's and only changed them because I was going on a cali trip that woul've put over 1,200 more miles on them. Didn't want to risk it but I'm sure they could've handled it.

why anyone would waste their money on sport tires is beyond me.

I love it when ass clowns ask me how "hard I ride?" when I tell them to get an ST tire. Then when I ride with them they get left in the dust. That quickly makes believers out of them. :D
Oh BTW. I've save enough for two sex changes. Let me know if you still want to get yours done like we talked about.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Oh BTW. I've save enough for two sex changes. Let me know if you still want to get yours done like we talked about.
but you went ahead and had it done allready. This is NOT what we agreed upon.

·
Registered
382 Posts
9k+ on my stockers! Didn't see any cord either, but they were definately done by then...

That's what communting on the weekdays & canyons on the weekends will get ya!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sweet! Thanks for the info guys, I'm definitely gonna try a sport touring tire next after my M3's wear out.

Here's what my m3 look like after ~2k miles of straight FL roads = squaring off

Plenty of meat left on the sides

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
quick with the pics Triggy, i gotta compare them to some guys here that swear by Pilot Road 2's

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
IMO, ALL ST tires are good. I've tried Avons, Bridgestones and now Metz. They all perform well.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts