Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the styling of the 250r and I just have a couple questions. First, does the bike lag at all if a extra rider is on the bike? Second, what are guys mostly paying for a monthly payment if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
42 Posts
From what I've been told, the bike has a total weight of 350-400? I'm unaware of the total, and it rides fine with that weight on it. Granted I don't know myself, just from what I've been told.

And I'm curious about monthly payment too, guess you mean on a new 08/09? Or just in general? I was told by a used dealer I was at a week ago it depended on your credit, anywhere from 80-200.

·
Moderhater
62,425 Posts
I love the styling of the 250r and I just have a couple questions. First, does the bike lag at all if a extra rider is on the bike? Second, what are guys mostly paying for a monthly payment if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks,

John

I dont know what kind of financing people are getting on these things, theya rent very much so I cant see many folks financing them anyhow?

But if your going to be riding two up on this thing, its def going to be sluggish. It will do it but dont expect it to be a rocket ship!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well when I went to one dealer they wanted me to buy a 650r. Even though I loved the feel of that bike I still love the styling of the 250r. I was quoted for the 650r at $1000 down payment with $159 a month for 4 years(which they said was still negotiable). I am split between the two bikes because I am mostly doing city riding and not much highway. Plus, the other good thing I like about the 250r is that it leaves me more money to toy with the bike and the payment should be around $125 for 2 years thats if my math is correct.

ps my older brother has a 250r with two bros exhaust and its great and I can only imagine the new 250r

·
Registered
84 Posts
I wouldn't advise financing it.

It really depends if you want to get collision coverage right off the bat. If you're newly license, its going to cost you on insurance. Most companies quoted me $1100 for comprehensive coverage (no collision). Best rate I got is $500/yr with comprehensive coverage with Progressive. If you finance the bike, I believe they will force you to buy full coverage (same as a car).

I've asked around dealerships what would the APR will be i you got 810 credit score? They said about 6-8%.

So be prepared to pay more in the long run if you plan to finance it.

Just giving my $0.02 cents.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand about that but I am still young and the financing will bring my credit up with paying it monthly. I rather finance it cause I do not have the money to but it but I have enough to finance it and pay for insurance. I just emailed 6 dealers around where I live to see how long it will take to order the 250r. If it will take forever maybe I'll just save up more and get a 650r. I rather have the 250r cause the extra money I have i'll but a rear stand, full exhaust, traga cover and lo-jack.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I wouldn't worry about your credit score until you plan to buy a house (that is when good credit helps you save alot). If you are around 600-700 pts, you should be fine on anything you're currently doing.

My coworker just turned 21 and have about 3 credit cards (visa/mc), total of 8k credit and with a 3k debt. He claims he have about ~700 credit score. Unless you do anything bad to your credit, it will just keep going up in due time. I had 800+ credit score when I was 20 yrs old. After 9 yrs later, it is still in the 800 range. I paid off my car about 1 yr ago and it didn't help my credit too much.

From what I learned from my friends, a beginner bike shouldn't be a 600cc bike. Too many bad stories I heard from them. They all advise me to get a low cc bike to begin with.

I would advise to save up the money to buy the bike. Even though it will take a longer time to save, but you're really paying less for what you're getting. More $$$ for other things. Maybe after you saved up to get a bike, you might not even want it anymore. Therefore saving a big chunk of money for something else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
next week i'm taking my ridding course and I will check out some bikes later on this week. Actually lately I've been looking at the sv650sf but i don't know why i really want a ninja. I only wish that the 250r was easily buyable because I would of had one already. I love my brothers 05 250r with two bros exhaust on it but the one thing it lacked was mid-range power. I just really want a bike and I have been waiting for a long time to get one. I just rather get my license first to take the bike for a test ride and see if I really like the bike. One thing I am for sure is that I won't buy a 600cc because that is way to much power for a beginner/intermediate rider. The closest to a 600cc i would get would be the zzr600 but to me thats still a little to much for me right now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently sold my '08 250R to upgrade to a '07 ZX-6R love them both! However the 250 was cheaper, and I also felt safer on that bike. I paid $90 month for 48 months with $500 down, I had full coverage insurance through State Farm and it was only $22 a month but, I also have my auto insurance and my renters insurance on it. I'm only 22 yrs old so I felt that was a steal. If you go with double the bike like the 6r be ready to pay double the price :p on every thing.

250r great starter bike, it's what I learned on and i rode it for 4 months sold it and only lost $450 bucks, it was worth the satisfaction I got for buying a brand new bike. Then I reacently purchased my green '07 new too! :D

Ride on!!!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I think that the max weight recommended is 375lbs. Also check with your dealer to see if they are running promotions such as 6 mos same as cash.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts