Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
I am an attorney here in AZ. For the most part these kinds of "requirements" in a warranty are void. The dealer must prove that your lack of maintenance or aftermarket parts is the sole cause for the repair. This is usually almost impossible for them to do. However, you should be aware that you will be the one arguing forever with the dealer about breach of contract issues, and you will be the one filing a lawsuit to enforce your contract. I can assure you that the cost of a lawsuit, as well as the 2-3 years for resolution, is just not worth it most of the time.

My recommendation is to simply shop around and find a dealer who has reasonable prices. I recently had my first service done for around $130. Good luck.

Woody

· Registered
546 Posts
Originally posted by tommyboynjataol

Dont worry about voiding your warranty, it's not going to happen. Also alot of what they say they are going to do at the first service is bullshit. They're not going to clean your "brand new" air filter
This IS what they are going to do:
Take your bottom fairing off. Maybe even lay it on the ground to give it a few new scratches (free of charge though),
then going to change your oil and oil filter, then put your scratched fairing back on, then push your chain up using their finger, if its too loose they "might" tighten it, but at 500 miles on your bike it shouldn't need adjustment yet. But they will spay a bit of chain wax or a cheaper lub on your chain. And thats IT. Your DONE!
Dont tell me you cant change the oil yourself and save 290 bucks!
All the other stuff on your list is crap. Its normall stuff.
Steering-check can you stear the bike?
Brake level-check Can you look right in front of you at the resivour
Radiator hoses check is there a big green puddle on the ground
Brake light-check When you press brake does tail light get bright

These checks are standard pre-ride checks not to be done by the Stealership. Also you dont get your first valve adjustment until 15,000 miles.
LMFAO.....

jchristian28, you thought YOU were getting hosed, see my post on the same thing.....

I don't have the extended warantee but I was just told I'd have to pay $400 freakin dollars and I HAD to have the valves adjusted at 600 miles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just walked out shaking my head... the service guy was serious as a heart attack too. On the way out I met a guy w/ an '03 who had dropped his bike off at 750 miles at 5:00 PM and was coming back later to pick it up... he was getting charged $450 !! Funny thing is, the service guy told me there was 6 hours of labor involved (hence the cost) .... I get a funny feeling they won't be working on his bike til 11 at nite [V][V][V]

I can change my own friggin oil and you can be damned sure I'll be looking for an honest outfit to do my valves when the time really comes :(

'02 Green ZX-6R Limited Edition

· Registered
572 Posts
Grab one of those mechanics on the side adn see if he wants to make some money. The price will be half because he will still make his money but the dealers will be out theirs. I became good friends with one in my area! Get them some beer, who doesn't love beer.

PGH, PA

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.