Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

How long after you got the bike did you drop/crash it?

• within the first week

Votes: 44 15.0%
  • within the first month

Votes: 35 11.9%
  • within 6 months

Votes: 58 19.7%
  • within the first year

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • within the first five year

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • I've never dropped it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Votes: 146 49.7%
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
lol I was about ready to scream... "Noooooooooooo!!! Not you!!!"

lol Since you're the all-knowing awesome one!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I laid it down gently (little damage to the FR turn signal) when I was parking it. Stupid me had the sucker at full lock and grabbed the front brake. Learned my lesson :(

·
Registered
158 Posts
Luckily no issues so far. Had one close call locking the rear brake with very little input, at a blind stop sign on a 45mph road, but I saved it. Now i only use rear brake in low speed maneuvering.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Fortunately nothing on the 250 yet and I pray it stays that way as long as possible. I have been down a few times, but they were on my dirtbikes, nothing on the street as of yet.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So far... the only things I've dropped... were the stock airbox/filter, factory jetting and stock exhaust. :)

(I'm not allowed to ride it though... that helps) :|

(She hasn't dropped anything)

·
Registered
692 Posts
unfortunately, some day it will be me. It is inevitable. If I could be assured I wouldn't, I would not have spent a fortune on safety gear. :)

I like my skin. :D

lol Yeah, I know my time will come. Just hopefully not too soon.

*knocks on a whole lot of wood*

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
You have to realize the majority of these ppl just go their bikes. The "I haven't dropped it" is going to be much higher than the average rider, and much higher than an experienced one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
haven't drop my bike yet, 3 months and 5500 miles...
Didn't know how to ride when I got my bike, learned on it without supervision.
I don't even have a license yet (only lerners permit) :(
I'm just trying to stay safe as much as I can, Will prolly take the MSF course when i get the time just to get my license and learn some safety tricks.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Alrighty all. Wish me luck! I need to run a few errands before all the stores close and I'm taking the 250. If voting on this poll jinxed me and I eat it...

... I'm flying to Hawaii (to recover for a week or two)... Oh and I'll find you kkim and give you a stern scolding! :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
"within the first year" for me!
(2 days after getting it is still within the first year)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Tipped it over at 0 MPH. Coming around a corner really slow, watching traffic and not paying enough attention. Tipped the the bike over, scratching up the muffler cover only.

·
Registered
633 Posts
lol.. I was wondering when someone would pick up on that flaw in my listed choices. I was hoping people would be as honest as possible. :)
No, I didn't even vote (1 year is still 0 votes), I have a crap-scooter, not a 250.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
*update* I made it back with a 6 pack, filled my tank, snagged some doritos, checked out the previously viewed DVD's at Blockomuhbuster, and picked up some random stuff from Kragen...

Oh and I'm still in one piece! Thanks for everyone (no doubtedly) for keeping me in their prayers and all during that journey :p

... And yes Kelly I think in the end I owe you :)

·
Powerhungry
38,381 Posts
*update* I made it back with a 6 pack, filled my tank, snagged some doritos, checked out the previously viewed DVD's at Blockomuhbuster, and picked up some random stuff from Kragen...

Oh and I'm still in one piece! Thanks for everyone (no doubtedly) for keeping me in their prayers and all during that journey :p

... And yes Kelly I think I owe you in the end :)
:eek:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Within the first week i target fixated on a left turn and went too wide luckily i was ok just some road rash on my hand. The only damage was the right blinker needed to be replaced.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts