i did mine by the book and only 1 prob and that is the gastank is lose

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my 08 4800mi and dry as a bone

bty how did you break the bike in ?

i did mine by the book and only 1 prob and that is the gastank is lose
I babied it for the first 700 then got the oil changed. I mainly use it to commute to work and due to heavy traffic very rarley get the chance to drive it the way it's meant to. I wonder if the cold did it in? We have had a frost these past two mornings. I leave for work around 6:45 AM so it's been a chilly ride in. I always let it warm up before I leave so who knows.

·
Registered
364 Posts
i dont have anything yet 04/07 with 4300 miles

i just like chiming in on these threads since i dont have the leak

·
Registered
204 Posts
well.. mine curently has 1950 miles on it... but good news is no leak as of yet.... what side of the fairings does the oil usually start showing up on?... left or right side... if you were sitting on the bike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I checked again and mine was manufactured 10/07 You will see the oil on the left side while sitting on the bike. I just dropped it off this morning and they told me that this is the first one that they have seen and don't have the parts in stock so they will have it for a week. :eek:

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Mine 08 (build date of 01/08) started leaking like around 6500kms, now at 10,000kms and its getting allot worse. Its going in at the end of the season.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Mine is '08 10/07 is the build date with just about 9000 KM's and I think it will be suffering from the oil leak soon. The bike seems to be ticking pretty loud now and definitely doesn't sound the same as when I got it. Thus far no oil leaks that I could notice but the tick is definitely loud and distinctive (more than the usual tick I think).

·
Registered
429 Posts
I checked again and mine was manufactured 10/07 You will see the oil on the left side while sitting on the bike. I just dropped it off this morning and they told me that this is the first one that they have seen and don't have the parts in stock so they will have it for a week. :eek:
Was your bike ticking pretty loud before it started to leak? I think mine is suffering from the problem too but I can't tell for sure. However, my bike does suffer from quite a loud ticking noise now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts