Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding my bike for awhile now and i just noticed that around 8-10k rpm i hear a ringing sound in my bike... it sounds like it's coming from the handle bars but i'm not to sure... then i thought it was my keys hitting the bar but that wasn't it... i was just wondering if anyone had that problem too... i'm sorry if this was posted already... just don't have that much time to look through all of the threads

·
Registered
857 Posts
hold in the clutch lever slightly and see if you still hear it, some ppl have had it come from the lever vibrating or the metal thing around were the key goes in, i recently got a buzz/ring sound coming from mine but havn't been able to track it down yet...

·
Registered
634 Posts
Its common so I wouldn't worry about it. If you can find it. Most people say it comes from the clutch lever. Thats where I think mine is coming from but I really don't care so I haven't really been trying to track it down.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I heard the same thing one day, then it went away. It wasn't coming from any of the normal spots though. I'm not worrying about it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have noticed that it comes from the black plastic on the body.. the plastic you look at when you see through the handlebars... try to press it while driving.. then the sound will stop..

"got cauth two times this week, 1200$ in fee"

·
Registered
24 Posts
Its the clutch lever. Tighten the nut on the bolt attaching the lever. Dont over tighten though. It worked for me.

·
Registered
509 Posts
write up/sticky needed.

i would make one but i haven't spent the time to go fix the problem because people already know what it is and i don't.. so i just been waiting for a write up to be made by someone with the knowledge already.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
i just heard that ringing for the first time the other day and it wasn't the clutch lever or my keys.....so, dunno...but i really heave to listen hard to hear it, so no bothers here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.