Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2001 GSXR1000 owned from new, a 1975 CB400f I am doing a resto on and I HAD a Kawasaki KR1S that I kick myself on a daily basis (actuallly kick) for selling. That bike was SOOO much fun on the track and all it ever asked was to be reved HARDER.

So with a yearn for getting back on the track (and my license on probation from my friendly registrar of motor vehicles) and not wanting to destroy my gsxr I have owned since brand new, I started looking for a track bike. I live on a small island with two fairly tight racetracks (Symmons Plains & Baskerville Raceway) so it had to be a 600. I have just got a neat and tidy 2003 ZX636R. So here I am at the Kawasaki forums!

I am hoping you guys can give me heads up on anything in particular I should know about this bike, problems, things I should read, pdf manual or mods I should do that wont cost a fortune.

Anyways now I own a Suzuki that isnt red and blue, a kwaka that isn't green and a honda that isn't red! All I need now is a yellow Yammie:confused:

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Welcome! Question though: When the 636's came out they had ZX6r's and they also came out with the Zx6rr's which actually HAD 599cc engines so people wanting to track ride in 600cc classes could still compete.

So if you're in a 600cc class will you be able to USE a 636?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't race for real, I am just a member of my local club and do the club track days. With my license on probation for too many speeding fines and here you loose your license on the spot for doing 138km/h or over, I just can risk riding sports bikes on the road!

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
Welcome! Question though: When the 636's came out they had ZX6r's and they also came out with the Zx6rr's which actually HAD 599cc engines so people wanting to track ride in 600cc classes could still compete.

So if you're in a 600cc class will you be able to USE a 636?
636s are legal in several club racing series classes

CCS Middleweight Superbike 4 cylinders up to 660cc
Middleweight SuperSport up to 4 cylinders 640cc

obviously they also qualify for Heavyweight Supersport and Superbike and Unlimited Supersport and Superbike, but you would get run the fuck over

1 - 6 of 6 Posts