Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be attending MMI jan, 2007. I just Wanted to know if anyone here in the forum attends to MMI or graduated from MMI? And if so was it really worth it? Also I will be moving to kissimee, since it like 10 miles from the campus I hope to hook up with some fellow riders from orlando.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i wanted to enroll there or some other type of motorrcycle school just to learn more about bikes. unfortunately i couldn't find anything like that in California. Good luck, i'm jealous.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Yeah dude, I wish I could go. I really would love to do something like that but I'm going to school to be an accountant so I don't have the time.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
man you guys are getting me even more excited about going to MMI. IM going to be putting a bike shop with a friend after i graduate because someone needs to be licensed or certified. The course is 13 months, you will learn how to work on kawasakis, hondas, yamis, suzukis, buell and harleys but it also cost about $20,000 for the course.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I graduated from MMI in AZ back in 1999, it is worth it but pay in the real world still can suck. I have worked as a watercraft tech, motorcycle tech and also a dealership service manager. I grew up with working on everything from the lawnmower to farm tractors and MMI was great.

G

·
if there were, i wouldnt be riding for hours to find "twisty" roads. lol

the closest track i believe is in north FL, about 4 or 5 hours away.

seriously dude, nothing but straightaways here. have fun

·
Registered
36 Posts
MMI is a good school i attended back in 04 in the one in phoenix, just make sure you dont have to take a leave of absents! i was into my "electives" as they called them doing yamaha when i had to take a leave of absents, and when i was schedule to returne and finish they had messed up and disenrolled from school and returned my financial aid/ect and then they told me i would have to reenroll and apply for my financial aid and start over, plus pay them X amount before i could do this, even tho it was they're fault, they addmited it was there mistake told me i shouldof been more carefull ect, and ive known a few other people thats had this problem, so ive thought about just going to AMI but not a big fan of flordia, maybe one day ill return to MMI but for now im going a different route

·
Registered
756 Posts
Originally posted by FinedTunedZX-6R
man you guys are getting me even more excited about going to MMI. IM going to be putting a bike shop with a friend after i graduate because someone needs to be licensed or certified. The course is 13 months, you will learn how to work on kawasakis, hondas, yamis, suzukis, buell and harleys but it also cost about $20,000 for the course.
Wow, only $20,000...

·
Registered
149 Posts
I thought about going to MMI, but elected to go to ITT in B'Ham AL instead. I'm going to make video games!!:D My second pasion in life, besides my bike. But don't tell my wife that.;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
thanks sanjose636. too bad the closest campus is up north in fremont. i'm living in so cal for the moment. grew up in san jose, hopefully moving back soon. gotta love the bay!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.