Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
got a used PCIII
i did all the searching i could on this forum on the dynojet site. i got a couple questions. i havent installed it yet.
1. i did not get the wire tap. i tried to contact dynojet to see about getting one but in the meantime does anyone know where i can find one of these.
2. the PCIII has a white 10 pin connector on it that looks kinda like the monitor cables for a computer. i was looking around the dynojet site and it shows a similar connector with a 9v battery on it. do i need this. does the bike not power the PCIII.

it looks like the dynojet site has the installation instructions and the software to get the PCIII going. it also looks like once you install this you need a lap top to upload the maps. should you upload before you install if you happen to have a desktop? so these are all the questions i have so far. unless anyone else has some other input.

thanks alot

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
1. Do you mean the USB cable?
2. You will need the 9 volt battery lead for the Commander when installing maps and updates while the bike is not running.

·
Powerhungry
38,901 Posts
no i didnt mean the usb cable
there is a wire tap that connects to the throttle bodies and that plugs into the PCIII harness
its for the TPS. only the 07+ bikes use that. the 05 atleast uses an actual connector, similair to the injectors.

not sure on the tap, if its a standard one, you can get it anywhere...like radio shack, or napa....

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its for the TPS. only the 07+ bikes use that. the 05 atleast uses an actual connector, similair to the injectors.

not sure on the tap, if its a standard one, you can get it anywhere...like radio shack, or napa....

well yea i have 07
so i would need one
waiting for dynojet to get back to me
ill check radio shack in the mean time

·
Registered
44 Posts
im just logging on, so let me see if im up to speed here. you bought a used pciii with no usb cable, software, instructions or wire tap and your being a smartass to the poeple trying to help you.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im just logging on, so let me see if im up to speed here. you bought a used pciii with no usb cable, software, instructions or wire tap and your being a smartass to the poeple trying to help you.

what did u read that led u to think i am being a smart ass
i am totally not
sorry to those who thought i was

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.