Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im trying to sell my bike but im unsure what would be a fair price for both me, the seller and the buyer bike is a 2008 zzr 600 clean title with 6500 miles( i know i have not ridden the thing like im supposed to) here is a list of the few mods i have done to it

custom made garage opener( flick of the high beam and garage opens..sweet!)
custom titanium exhaust hanger
after market yoshimura exhaust
after market mirrors with led turn signals
after market flush led turn signals
Michelin power pilot 2ct tires with only 3000 miles of use
custom made angel eyes with hid kit 8k and 8 changing light color behind the halos
08 zx6r shock with linkage for better smother ride plus mote tun-ability of the
shock(softer,harder,damping,rebound etc)

vortex lowering links(also have stock dog bones if u need them)
hotbodies color matched undertail
led rear brake light
03 zx6r hugger and chainguard
puig double bubble windscreen

i will post some pics tomorrow

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3-3.5K stock with low miles, and 4K max with the mods listed. Tbh, mods are only worth if the buyer seeks them. The downfall for our bikes are the carbs, which lowers the price considerably. If I were you, I'd keep it.
thanks for your response and you are right i really like this bike it is my first bike but i also been riding my brother in law 250r and i love it which is kind of weird since is smaller but is a nimble joy to ride little thing if i can sell it ill be getting a 650r for sure

· Registered
272 Posts
There have been 2 simialarly equipped ZZR600's for sale here locally for $3500 and $3800 for over 8 months, neither have sold yet.
Personally for me any mods on a bike are a downgrade, If I ever was to buy used, I would want it completely bone stock original-if I want to make changes, then I'll do them myself.
I help customers buy "used" nearly every week, and reciepts for service/maintenance etc is always a plus !!, some sort of detailed account on a spreadsheet is helpful too, although one could easily falsify such a document

· Registered
4,152 Posts
Say that 250 is nimble? Your bike would feel more nimble too if ya were to ring it back to stock ride height.

As low as you have it, It must feel like trying to steer a bus compared to that 250.

Id keep it, But if your set on letting it go, a trade may be your best bet.

· That Fighter Guy
2006 Kawasaki ZZR600 street fighter
15,167 Posts
thanks for your response and you are right i really like this bike it is my first bike but i also been riding my brother in law 250r and i love it which is kind of weird since is smaller but is a nimble joy to ride little thing if i can sell it ill be getting a 650r for sure
Why a downgrade? The only thing better is the FI, and even that is arguable.

Say that 250 is nimble? Your bike would feel more nimble too if ya were to ring it back to stock ride height.

As low as you have it, It must feel like trying to steer a bus compared to that 250.

Id keep it, But if your set on letting it go, a trade may be your best bet.
Yes, this. Your bike being low like that is why the 250 feels so much more nimble. Put the suspension back to stock height, get your dampening tuned in right, and make sure your tire pressure is right, THEN go take a turn at speed and feel the difference. OR....throw away all that ZZR suspension for ZX6R components. I hear it helps the bike quite a bit. :rolleyes:

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why a downgrade? The only thing better is the FI, and even that is arguable.
So u think is a downgrade? I'm in a predicament because I like the riding position of the 650r but I don't know if Im gonna like the inline two stroke engine with less hp output which is about 26 less than the zzr and the fi situation, my carbs have treated me right so far

Yes, this. Your bike being low like that is why the 250 feels so much more nimble. Put the suspension back to stock height, get your dampening tuned in right, and make sure your tire pressure is right, THEN go take a turn at speed and feel the difference. OR....throw away all that ZZR suspension for ZX6R components. I hear it helps the bike quite a bit. :rolleyes:
More and more people are telling me that I should keep my bike I'm starting to change my mind if I don't sell for a ridiculous price(5k and up) I'm gonna keep it, I have already swapped the rear suspension with a 08 zx6r shock when I'm ready to change the front suspension I'm gonna be asking for your helP and advice I hope u don't mind explaining things to me like a 3 year old( I'm a little dumb u know :)
The next Thing I'm gonna buy is helibars I think I'm gonna try that instead of selling my bike

· That Fighter Guy
2006 Kawasaki ZZR600 street fighter
15,167 Posts
So u think is a downgrade? I'm in a predicament because I like the riding position of the 650r but I don't know if Im gonna like the inline two stroke engine with less hp output which is about 26 less than the zzr and the fi situation, my carbs have treated me right so far

More and more people are telling me that I should keep my bike I'm starting to change my mind if I don't sell for a ridiculous price(5k and up) I'm gonna keep it, I have already swapped the rear suspension with a 08 zx6r shock when I'm ready to change the front suspension I'm gonna be asking for your helP and advice I hope u don't mind explaining things to me like a 3 year old( I'm a little dumb u know :)
The next Thing I'm gonna buy is helibars I think I'm gonna try that instead of selling my bike
Four stroke engine, bro. :wink: Also it's a downgrade because the suspension isn't adjustable, it's got less horsepower, and 0-60 is even slower (though not by very much). Your bike would smoke a 650 after 60 mph. Anyways the ZZR at the very least has fully adjustable suspension, 180 rear tire (650 has a 160 or 170, I forget which), and better styling (my opinion anyways). They are comfortable, yes, but I think you need to look over the entire package before making a decision. The ZZR is very comfortable as well, though you're leaned over a bit more, which doesn't bother me really.

As far as the front end swap, I'll be happy to tell you each and every detail on what you need to buy and do to make it work. :thumbup:

hmmmmmm two stroke engine.... OK now wtf we are talking about.......C'mon dude a two stroke engine? its not a weed whacker...maybe you meant the V twin but two stroke....
Four stroke, parallel twin. Though with an aftermarket exhaust, the 250 and 650 sound like low-rpm weed whackers. :rotflmao:

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well after much thought and asking people that i know and people from the forum i have decide to keep it plus i love my bike( yes im literally in love with her) i just ordered a set of helibars to try to get a more upright ridding position plus with all the cosmetic mods that i have done to it i was not gonna get my money back
this guy on ebay ask me if i could let it go for $2000 and i was like WTF?? no way
i will in the future swap the front suspension, for now i will still be the owner of one of great machines of the past a 2000 zx6r (aka zzr 600)

· Registered
5,994 Posts
I am buying a 2008 ZZR-600 in the next few days, totally stock with 350 miles on it. My bank will loan me $5,000 for it, what they consider the retail value. The state is taxing it at a $3,600 value, for the guy I work with that bought it new with his son for the full $7,200 retail price in 2009. I am paying $5,500 for it.

I do not consider it as fast as the newer 600s for racing, but it is a lot less money and more comfortable for street riding. The guy's son rode it a little for a few weeks, then bought a Suzuki Hayabusa- he has years of dirt bike experience, and has not crashed on the street yet. His father prefers a 4-wheeler in the dirt and building a supercharged Mustang car.

I plan to add a washer above each of the 4 carb jet needles and turn the pilot mixture screws out further (more counterclockwise), and ride it a few hundred miles to see if I need to raise the handlebars, move the footpegs, or add a gel seat pad for more comfort.

It seems like your suspension needs to be adjusted for better handling.

· Registered
2002 ZX6R
28,227 Posts
do you have a link to the aftermarket flush turn signals?

· Registered
4,152 Posts
I am buying a 2008 ZZR-600 in the next few days, totally stock with 350 miles on it.

I plan to add a washer above each of the 4 carb jet needles and turn the pilot mixture screws out further (more counterclockwise),
Why the washers? & what do you expect to gain from this??

As you know Iv got the same bike, If mine would benefit from this I might like to try it too.
Let me know.
thanks

· Registered
5,994 Posts
The factory adjusts the carbs to pass exhaust tests designed for fuel injected engines, so the carbs are too lean, especially at lower throttle settings that are for cruising at 60 to 75 mph. Many people have added one or two washers to raise the stock jet needles- one guy recently posted dyno results that showed more power than stock after doing this mod. Even better is a rejet kit from Factory Pro, especially the more expensive kit with titanium carb jet needles, that is more needed for a complete race exhaust, but the Stage 1 kit also improves the power with a completely or more stock exhaust, at the cost of slightly lower gas mileage and slightly dirtier engine exhaust air.

In the old days, carbs came set too rich, so there were less warranty problems from people running much louder mufflers or no mufflers without adjusting the carbs, so their engines ran too lean and too hot. Back in the 70s, the EPA did not test motorcycle exhausts and just focused on cars. The horsepower peak for the Plymouth Barracudas was in 1971- my 1972 with a 318 cubic inch small block engine and a little 2-barrel carb (less compression than with the 340 heads) had a lot less power but ran cleaner and got better gas mileage. The 1971s have a higher antique value now, especially the rare Hemi big block convertibles.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.