Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was on 495 cruising at about 70 and see a white bike behind me. My first reaction was "Is that a cop or another loud ass harley". So I moved to the side of the lane (2 a breast I think it's called) and it was a cop! We rode 2 up at about 75 all the way until traffic came. He decided he wasn't going to wait in traffic and went on the median. He waved me to come with him, but I thought it was a trap. So I guess biker cops aren't that bad, even though they ride those hideous bikes. So hows your friday?

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
Biker cops always seem to want me to ride with them at 80mph. I always worry it's a trap too, but happens at least once per week on my ride home. Weird.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only reason I was scared was because I was stopped once by them because I put on my stickers wrong. I put mine on backwards. I think it's suupose to be green red and I put it Red green. lol.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I would have went with him, a cop can't ticket/charge you for something they made you do. It's entrapment if they do. Don't dis their bikes though, they use the internet just like we do and may decide to not be so friendly to bikers.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,869 Posts
When I wrecked my 636 the first person who happened to stumble across it was a biker cop. I was thinking, "Shit, this is going to be bad" because I just wanted to get a truck there to load it up and take off, I didn't want to get anyone else involved in it. The cop stops and asks for my license, and I'm thinking "great, here we go..." he called in to make sure my motorcycle endorsement was still valid, then said, "Says here you need to wear glasses. You wearing contacts?" / "No, officer." / *very obviously, he looks at me, down at my bike in pieces, and over at the corner I just scrubbed out on, then back at me* "Maybe you should start." :Laughing rolling:lmao... He asked me if I was okay, looked me over to make sure nothing was seriously fugged up, then he rode off after saying he was sorry about my luck, and the only reason he ran across me was because he loves that road too. lol

So yeah, not all cops are assholes.:D

I would have went with him, a cop can't ticket/charge you for something they made you do. It's entrapment if they do. Don't dis their bikes though, they use the internet just like we do and may decide to not be so friendly to bikers.
:rolleyes: Biggest wives tale ever. He wouldn't have MADE him do anything. Even if he waved him behind him all he'd have to do is say "I was streching", or hell, even just "I did no such thing." Unless you have him on tape ordering you to follow him, the judge will just smirk at you and assess your fines.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not really on subject but I was at Dunkin Donuts a couple of day where 2 biker cops were. They finished eating went outside lit a cigarette and hopped on there bike and started riding with the cigarette in their mouth. I was like wtf?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Got beside a cop car at a stop light. I looked at the pair and they looked at me, giving me a smile. The rev'd their engine, I rev'd mine, we all laughed, gave a thumbs up and went on our merry way. I guess they loved me when they saw me in full riding gear even though the sun was out in full force and the ambient was 28C.

·
Registered
289 Posts
dude, thats an awesome story, so cool. I wanna see a biker cop on the road ;( i havent seen one yet...

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
:rolleyes: Biggest wives tale ever. He wouldn't have MADE him do anything. Even if he waved him behind him all he'd have to do is say "I was streching", or hell, even just "I did no such thing." Unless you have him on tape ordering you to follow him, the judge will just smirk at you and assess your fines.
Have it your way but how is a cop gonna cite you or pull you over when your behind them :rolleyes:

·
Powerhungry
38,386 Posts
Have it your way but how is a cop gonna cite you or pull you over when your behind them :rolleyes:
shit ur right damn...i forgot, cops dont have, and wont use the brakes:rolleyes:

seriously??

if ur behind a cop..and uve done something illegal, and he wants to pull you over..he WILL dont kid yourself.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was riding in Atlanta one time and merging onto 85/75 from I-20 and traffic was a bitch so i rode on the emergency lane to get around a few cars and there was a biker cop hiding under a bridge and watched what I did. Well I pulled up to a light when I got off and the cop rode up next to me looked at my bike then me, he just smiled revved up his motor gave me a wave and went on his merry way. He was cool but I thought for sure I was gonna get a ticket.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Some what off topic:
Got pulled over in town the other day. There were two cops parked behind the bushes hittin people with radar. They had 2 cars pulled over. One of the cops was standing in the middle of the road with his radar gun. Got me doin 41 in a 25, and told me to pull over. He didn't really seem to care. He was tellin me how hes got a gsxr. Turned out to be a squid. We were talkin about how hot I must be in all my gear and how he just rides in shorts and a t shirt... I jus laughed with him like it was cool. Then he told me to hang out until the other car leaves so they don't complain that i did not get a ticket and they did. Lol. We sat there seeing how far his radar gun can shoot. answer... just about as far as you could see the car coming down the road. Their not all bad. Respect them, and they usually respect you.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
coming down Broadway toward Times Square at about 3am and a cop steps into the street and motions for me to bring the bike up......thought it was pretty funny....I motioned for him to come and do it, he just laughed and walked away.

·
Registered
317 Posts
well cop bikers are bikers and yes why not its not a trap, its a ride buddy. Cops here dont even bother me even at 125 km/h thats 25 over. and i have no mirrors. 07 zx6r :Laughing rolling:

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
i woulda pulled in with him. why not? seriously tho. i woulda slid on in and chatted it up with him.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ride with a lot of cops off duty , they have busa's and hall ass . I have to remind myself I do not have a get out jail pass in my pocket . Great to ride with . Dan

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I ride with a lot of cops off duty , they have busa's and hall ass . I have to remind myself I do not have a get out jail pass in my pocket . Great to ride with . Dan
you'll probably be fine if your riding with the cops

anyways - i was testing out a 250cc honda rebel i borrowed from my uncle and ran a red light so a cop pulls up next to me and hes looking at me so i say hi and he just says he was about to pull me over but was feeling nice - not the same but still thought it was funny

1 - 20 of 28 Posts