Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally made it to a quarter mile track tonight. made a couple of passes. ran a [email protected]. with a 1.80 60ft. then i ran a [email protected] with a 1.78 60ft. second time at the track. first time it was an 1/8 mile only track. but first time out i had a 1.70 anda 1.71 60ft. they were off alittle tonight. bike is an 03 636 muzzy ti exhaust,+3 on the back sprocket stock front sprocket. bc filter, strapped and lowered 2 inches, stock wheelbase. i believe if i can get the 60 back down to the low 70s i can get some 10.60s out of it.

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
congrats and nice startin no#'s man, keep workin on them 60ft's and u will go faster, also have u thought about going down 1 on the front to see if that will help

·
Registered
46 Posts
i run the same bike and i was completely stock and counldnt get but a 12.1 out of it. and ive been racing for over 10 years, so great job. keep practicing on the launches and you be running 9's in no time.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Good chit. Its alll about how you launch these babies.... as my clutch, it hates me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i am ready to go to the track in mine, just havent got the whole launcing techique down yet! anyone have any advice?45

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
practice. its the best bang for the buck. im on the smallest bike of all my friends. but im like probally 30lbs lighter than them. one of my buddies has an 07 busa and his best run the other night was a 10.14. another of my buddies has an 03 zx9r. i outran him everytime we raced. i think the best he got out of it was an 10.90.let me tell you it feels really good to outrun a bigger bike.im shooting on outrunning the 07 busa.(gotta have goals, lol)im planning on going back in a couple of weeks. i want to be extended the next time i go. anyone have any input on how much my 60' should drop going from stock wheel base to extended 4-6 inches. im hoping i can get my 60 down in the low 1.60s.im hoping on a good run i can get some 10.40s out of my bike.then its time for a custom tune. as for the 14 tooth front, i had one on but took it off. too many rpms for me out on the road.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
anyone have any input on how much my 60' should drop going from stock wheel base to extended 4-6 inches. im hoping i can get my 60 down in the low 1.60s.im hoping on a good run i can get some 10.40s out of my bike.then its time for a custom tune. as for the 14 tooth front, i had one on but took it off. too many rpms for me out on the road.
It depends on what you're running in the 60ft before you install the extensions. A well practice stock wheelbase pass should net a low 1.6's or high 1.5's in the 60ft. The best I ever got out on my zx6r was 1.63, my 1k I managed a 1.60 at SWB. With the extensions on the zx6r my best was only a tenth quicker with a 1.54 with the stock shock, your newer shock should yield better results, high to mid 1.4's can be done. I also have only gained a tenth on the 1000 with a 1.51, there is still more left Im sure. Expect from one tenth to two tenths with a 6 inch stretch.

As for gearing, these 600's love gearing, the most you can bare on the street, the better you'll be on the track. -1, +5 is a good all motor combination. I advise againist a 13 tooth front sprocket. Its very hard on the chain and transmission output shaft. A good 14 tooth front sprocket works great.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i will take any tips for setting up the rear shock. is it better to set it softer or harder?i know with more practice i can get the 60' down into 1.60s. i have had the best of a 1.70, that was my first time at the track. i need to work on feeding my clutch out. right now my launch tecknique has been bring the rpms up to 9000, third yellow drop the clutch and pin it. i believe if i can get used to feeding out the clutch i can get to throttle lock faster(easier said than done.) my goal is to be running 6.50s in the eighth mile. i think thats possible. so i will take any tips or hints anyone wants to give.:D

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Not a bad 60ft... Your technique sounds a little backward though, you need to lock your throttle first at the hit and use the clutch to control the front end. 9k sounds like a good launch rpm, don't be afraid to lock the throttle. The engine won't over rev and the bike won't stand up as long as you control the clutch. Keep practicing man, you'll get there.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
update

well went back to the track last night. been working on my launch. ran my best e.t. to date with [email protected] with a 1.67 60ft. [email protected] in the 1/8 mile. im getting there, need some more practice. if i can get my 60 down to low 1.60s i think i can get some 10.40s out of it.:D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
eventually i will. but for now swb. i have a set of 05 cams waiting to go in, and then a custom map and hopefully that will push me past 130mph in the 1/4. i seem to be stuck at 127.5mph currently.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
sounds good man, keep us posted on the progress. buddy of mine had a blue 03' stretched 11 inches lol. with nos, that thing was hella fast. but he can launch the hell outa one.

i let my oldest boy race mine sometimes, stock 04 RR, his best reaction time on the 1/8th was .001 lol. at 12 years old. don't remember the top speed, think it was 97 maybe.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea, my buddy went with me last night. he has an 08 cbr 1000. got it two weeks ago. best he could do with it was an [email protected]. felt real good raping a big bike like that. he was coming hard on me on the other end, but just couldnt catch me, lol:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts