Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was washing my bike and i used armorald wheel cleaner on my bike.. and well i didnt read the back.. it said before using on motorcycles, check with manufacture.. well i didnt read that part and put it on my wheels, and now i have these white streaks on my rims. and they just wont go away.. i also put some on the clutch cover and stator cover, and yup white streaks on those and it looks like it went inside the paint.. I don’t understand what the hell happened . man i feel like an idiot, and now i dont know what to do.. that stuff looks soo bad. can anyone help?? i just want to know if anyone has done this and can help me get rid of it. any help would be great..

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i have heard some poeple on hear talk about plexus, but i dont know if that will help you. mabe worth a try.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
More important than the white streaks, IMHO, is whether or not you got any of it on your tires themselves. If you did, they are going to be super-slick so be careful the first time you ride.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Originally posted by helo-pilot
i have heard some poeple on hear talk about plexus, but i dont know if that will help you. mabe worth a try.
Plexus is a plastic polish, i use it to keep my helmet and visor shiny and clean.. i dont think it'll remove damage like that tho.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Don't know if this will work but it is the first thing I would try. Be careful and test a small spot with caliper, brake, or disc cleaner. Its all the same stuff and really strong so try it on a small spot and let it dry for five minutes before you get your hopes up. Good luck and let me know how everything works out!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Use some WD-40 on a wrag and see if that take care of it. Thats how I clean my wheels and swingarm ect. and it works great.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
I CONCUR with the WD-40

Also yeah armorall on a bike? WTF over?
Just teasing you man as since i cant get honda polish i use 2001 on all the hoese and plastic bits...works great..

The wheels and swingarmas stated cleaned with wd-40 now.
just make sure that you dont just spray it all over as the brake system and WD-40 dont go well together add to rag and apply.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I use armor all on the black plastics, that's about it. I'm scared to put it on my tires for the reason listed above: too slick. I haven't had a problem with it, maybe you just have a bad bottle? Or maybe I just lucked out?

·
Registered
266 Posts
The armorall he/she used is the wheel cleaner type, not that greasy shit for plastic/rubber.

I also use WD-40 to clean my wheels, but I'm not sure if that will take the streaks out. Maybe some type of scratch removing polish would do it? Good luck getting rid of them.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Try some goof off, but I warn you this shit is very strong so just try a dot the first try..and dont use it on plastic..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.