Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I were at the Indianapolis airport immediately following the MotoGP yesterday. While we were at the gate waiting to board the plane, I met Jason Britton from the show Superbikes. He was on the same flight that my wife and I were on, so we got to sit and bullshit with him for about half an hour while waiting for the plane to begin boarding. He is a hell of a nice guy. Gotta love the fact I was in full Kawi Green gear when I met him. :D Even though I'm not a stunter ... it was still pretty neat.

·
Registered
301 Posts
That's awesome. He seems like a cool guy on TV :).

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
wow man thats cool. he seems like hes a pretty cool guy

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I like his song "Kiss from a Rose"
haha, guys on stuntlife always joke about that.

A lot of people hate on Britton because his skills arent up to par with a lot of the riders these days, but the dude definitly markets himself well. Glad to see more and more stunters getting factory sponsorships lately too.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
My wife and I were at the Indianapolis airport immediately following the MotoGP yesterday. While we were at the gate waiting to board the plane, I met Jason Britton from the show Superbikes. He was on the same flight that my wife and I were on, so we got to sit and bullshit with him for about half an hour while waiting for the plane to begin boarding. He is a hell of a nice guy. Gotta love the fact I was in full Kawi Green gear when I met him. :D Even though I'm not a stunter ... it was still pretty neat.
That's cool that he took the time to talk to you and take a pic w/you. Some famous people just wouldn't take time to do that kind of stuff...

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
That's cool that he took the time to talk to you and take a pic w/you. Some famous people just wouldn't take time to do that kind of stuff...
Waiting for a plane at an airport brings them all down to our level. I've run into several big TV stars at airports and they all seem to be pretty normal when you get them away from the constant cameras everywhere.
I'm not crazy about stunters, but I will watch SuperBikes on occasion. And every time I wonder why this guy who is obviously a cool dude is hanging out with so many...morons. He even seems uncomfortable on his own show sometimes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
he is a cool dude speeddeemn, i've met him twice. once at the intl' motorcycle show in chicago and then down in myrtle beach for black bike week. during bike week he was chillin out with rickey gadson away from everyone after one of the no limit stunt shows in our hotel parking lot. me and my partner was the only two people that noticed jason and rickey incognito by theirselves and we got to sit and chill with both of them for about 45 minutes just shooting the shit...lol

·
Registered
673 Posts
He is actually a pretty cool guy. I met him back in Feb in Chicago at the bike show there. Got a pic of him around here somewhere with the exbf and me....

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Waiting for a plane at an airport brings them all down to our level. I've run into several big TV stars at airports and they all seem to be pretty normal when you get them away from the constant cameras everywhere.
I'm not crazy about stunters, but I will watch SuperBikes on occasion. And every time I wonder why this guy who is obviously a cool dude is hanging out with so many...morons. He even seems uncomfortable on his own show sometimes.
:plusone: My wife gave him a hard time because we had boarding class #2 and he had #4. He laughed and said he has no choice because the Speed Channel makes all his reservations.

dude you met jason britton... saw rossi's m1.

i got fuckin JIPPED. ha
I did have an awesome weekend!!! ... Greenranger and I will be posting pics of Rossi's M1 "up close and personal" in the next day or two. He has 1/2 the pictures and we want to make a good post out of it.

he is a cool dude speeddeemn, i've met him twice. once at the intl' motorcycle show in chicago and then down in myrtle beach for black bike week. during bike week he was chillin out with rickey gadson away from everyone after one of the no limit stunt shows in our hotel parking lot. me and my partner was the only two people that noticed jason and rickey incognito by theirselves and we got to sit and chill with both of them for about 45 minutes just shooting the shit...lol
Cool! He was quite a conversation guy.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
haha, guys on stuntlife always joke about that.

A lot of people hate on Britton because his skills arent up to par with a lot of the riders these days, but the dude definitly markets himself well. Glad to see more and more stunters getting factory sponsorships lately too.
Yeah, he's not bad, but he helped pave the way for others it seems. Genuinely seems like a cool dude. Kawi did well to scoop him up

:lol: fuck you, man. I wanted to make a seal joke. This just ruined my whold day now. :lol:
Your Interwebz skillz iz dwindlin'

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Ya, but my point was...If you're an asshole, then you're an asshole (no matter what you're doin')...

Some celebs will just brush people off, or ignore them completely.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Ya, but my point was...If you're an asshole, then you're an asshole (no matter what you're doin')...

Some celebs will just brush people off, or ignore them completely.
That's true, but I think it's less of a problem if they're waiting for a plane in an airport lobby. Most of them realize they aren't going anywhere for a while and can't push past you to jump in their limo or go to a private area. They know they're trapped there for a while and most will make the best of the situation. Not to say they don't do their utmost not to be noticed, but if they are they're usually at least polite.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts