Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get off my 636 from a long ride I feel like im about to go deaf. My left side makes a tone of noise. Its a KBC that I bought on sale. Now I know why it was on sale. I am looking for the helmet that lets in the least amount of windnoise. So fill me in on whats good.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Well, It'll probably be an Arai from what I hear around the forum. I have a Suomy Spec 1r Extreme and that thing is loud. Its a race helmet so its supposed to be loud b/c it vents a lot of air into the thing which is good for me. I don't mind it. I'd rather not be hot. I'll probably get a set of ear plug but im just to lazy. If you don't want loud don't get the race helmets. I can only tell you about the helmets i've worn. I've had a Fulmer, Scorpion, and Suomy and Fulmer was the quietest helmet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even if I wear ear plugs my helmet still makes a wistling sound and annoys the shit out of me. I've tried adjusting the screen and making it tighter, but it hasn't helped at all.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
My Arai is 10 times louder than my KBC was. But it vents about 20 times better.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
The cheapest helmet I own is also the quietest helmet I own, ironically enough.. :D

·
Registered
634 Posts
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL
The cheapest helmet I own is also the quietest helmet I own, ironically enough.. :D
Thats true, my Fulmer which cost $80 is quieter than my $500 Suomy Extreme helmet but my Suomy fits like a glove, looks cooler, cools way better, and it has higher certifications and its a race helmet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a fulmer. It was quiter, but it was uncomfortable to where for more than 30 minutes. I will probably wear my kbc around town still. I need something I can ride 10 hours in. I searched the internet and magazines and I could only find on helmet comparison test and it was from 1998.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
if you want a light well vented helmet you will have a loud helmet, if you want a quiet helmet you will have an older heavy poor venting helmet. The only helmet to that exception is the Scheberth but that runs about 900 bucks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought an 05 ZX6R and it came with a Arai helmet Astral-X large if you are interested. I want to sell it so I can get a muffler.
Thanks, Tony

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a Shoei RF-1000...can't say that it's quiet. If I don't wear earplugs, I feel the same way...deaf after a medium to long ride. If I wear earplugs, I'm pretty good after a long ride, there is still a low-frequency booming sound at speeds over 70 mph, but under 70 with earplugs for long periods of time is nice and quiet. The key is, just wear earplugs. They're cheap, and you won't regret having worn them when you get old and realize you still have your hearing because of them.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I think it was motorcyclist magazine that had a pretty recent helmet test/comparison and said that the scorpion had the best noise protection, ventilation and shield removal for less than $200. The only lid that had better all around ratings was the schuberth -sp? for $700.

·
Registered
140 Posts
ventilation=wind noise. the extreme, rx7 and x11 will have the most obviously because they are the race bred versions of each brands helmets. if you go arai, the quantum is relatively quiet, shoei, the tzr is very quiet.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I must agree, race helmet = ventilation = noise.
Cheap helmet = practically no ventilation = practically no noise.

My shark s-500 is pretty damn cool! But its noisy at high speeds, but I love it, wear earplugs.
My cheap ass Max helmet is pretty silent but once you go high speed it almost wants to fall off my head and its shit hot.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.