·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not me my son
but it all started here

when he dropped a valve running at 14k in 2nd

had it rebuilt,
after 27 miles, then the crank failed, under the same cylinder (probably bent from the valve trouble)

had it rebuilt again,
now the con. rod snapped, crackled and popped running approx. 100mph in 6th around 10k
luckily he got the clutch in and didn't lock up the tranny and slide on all the oil on the rear tire

almost launched him off the front though

still covered in the 5 year warranty
but it's been down since July 31st and that sucks

What size?
2007 zx6r

·
Registered
58 Posts
Was the crank and connecting rod replaced after then initial valve failure?

If not, this can all be related to that initial instance. Piston slams into the valve slightly bending or overstressing the crank/rod. Heat cycles/stress cycles then could have caused failures in both parts, just at different times.:confused:

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was the crank and connecting rod replaced after then initial valve failure?

If not, this can all be related to that initial instance. Piston slams into the valve slightly bending or overstressing the crank/rod. Heat cycles/stress cycles then could have caused failures in both parts, just at different times.:confused:
Yes
1st time replaced valves, head, piston, crank.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think the problem is that every time something happens to the bike, your son is on it. If it were me, he wouldnt be riding the bike after the first time he destroyed it, let alone the second and third time. thats just me though, its your money, I cant tell you what to do with it. Id get the dealer to replace the whole thing. if they wont cover it, theres a bunch on ebay, saw one the other day with super low miles on it (less than 100 I think) for like 800 or 900 bucks.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I think the problem is that every time something happens to the bike, your son is on it. If it were me, he wouldnt be riding the bike after the first time he destroyed it, let alone the second and third time. thats just me though, its your money, I cant tell you what to do with it. Id get the dealer to replace the whole thing. if they wont cover it, theres a bunch on ebay, saw one the other day with super low miles on it (less than 100 I think) for like 800 or 900 bucks.
well let me say
I WILL and do spend most of my money for him.
(what else could be better?)
plus he purchased the bike for himself by himself
also he bought me a 07 650r
which I traded after 2 years of riding great wheelies for the 08zx14.
the 07zx6r is under a 5yr warranty so the motor repairs haven't cost anything but down time (5 months)

some costs come from
EX:
http://myzx6r.com/kawasaki%20zx-6r/My%20ZX-6r.WMV

as long as he doesn't get injured
I'm happy with most everything he does

http://mw.simpsoncycles.com/storefr...aspx?sfid=117732&i=246638556&mpid=9600&dfid=1

Try there they have used stuff i stumbled along it yesterday good luck
thanks for the link

·
Registered
125 Posts
well let me say
I WILL and do spend most of my money for him.
(what else could be better?)
plus he purchased the bike for himself by himself
also he bought me a 07 650r
which I traded after 2 years of riding great wheelies for the 08zx14.
the 07zx6r is under a 5yr warranty so the motor repairs haven't cost anything but down time (5 months)

some costs come from
EX:
http://myzx6r.com/kawasaki%20zx-6r/My%20ZX-6r.WMV

as long as he doesn't get injured
I'm happy with most everything he does

thanks for the link
more power to ya! that makes a little more sense. if he paid for it, let him do whatever he wants with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i need a new motor too. my '07 just took a crap not quite sure what happened but something internal snapped and cracked the block. even threw a piece of metal thru the radiator. if you look thru the little oil glass all you see is metal chunks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts