Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You should be fine with a 600. just remember when on the street that you gotta watch out for other people since they don't like watching out for you. i'd say about 75% of accidents i've seen or heard of are from operator error (going beyond your limits too soon) and other drivers just overall not looking for motorcycles. remember that and you should be fine. oh, and the throttle is pretty sensitive when you first get on so don't overdo yourself.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
i'm 17, and i started out on an 02 ZX6R. it was a little much for me at first, but i just kept riding it and slowly worked my way up. as long as you take it easy at first and don't try to drag your knees in the turns you should be fine.

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry" -Mark Twain

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok,
First of all I am not new to motorcycles really, but almost all of my riding has been on dirt bikes. I have already taken the MSF course, and gotten my m1 license. I am also only 16, but by the time I get a bike I will be 17(I know… really young). Anyway.
I have been reading through this forum and there is allot of great advice for people who have never touched a bike before, but I have been riding since I was 9 years old.
Now, I know that street riding and off-roading are totally different animals.
So here’s my question. Should I start on a 600? Or a “beginner” bike like ex250 or sv650? I would prefer to get a 600 so I won’t have to worry about replacing it any time soon. So if you could give me some thoughts about that, and also anything else I've got coming to me. Thanks
agentb10

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I'm 22 and the only experience I ever had with bikes was I had a dirtbike for about two years when I was 12 and 13. Last year, I borrowed a buddy's Ninja 500 for a few days because he was thinking about selling it, and I wanted a street bike. After two days, I decided that I would not like it, it had no power and just wasn't that much fun to ride.

So instead, I bought a zx6r this year (it's a 1996) and haven't had any problems so far. Just remember to always respect your bike. The day you think you master it is the day it throws you over the bars.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yep, you should be ok on 600. Much as everyone else has said, play it safe, take your time. If you ride in a pack, don't try keep up if they take off, I frequently am trailing behind and end up catching up at the next stop light [:p]

·
Registered
81 Posts
A common question, check out the following topic.

/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3312

Confidence and Ability should not be Confused

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.