Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k guys, here goes, im kawi stong, owned two zx-6rs now and about 2 months ago i bought the one i have now, a 03 silver 636, my buddy has an r6 and we do all kinds of stunts, stand up wheelies, endos, standies( get up to about 50 kick in nuetrel and stand up on the seat) knee wheelies, it all, anyways i got off work on fri, met a guy from my town on a 929rr who thinks he can wheelie and then saw him pull into the caseys, well his buddy also pulled up in his car so i hit the side street and arrived at about 65mph and pulled off a great endo, (o by the way, chickies were watchin)[:M29] well i wasnt satisfied so i looped around and came through the mcm bank parking lot, pulled up in an endo, and the bike decided to take a trip around the clock [:M8], needless to say, rear subrame damaged, rear tail, front cowl fairing around headlights, headlight assembly, pipe, rear solo tail cover, gauge cluster bracket, and the list goes on and on, [B)] anyways, its all fun and games till u tear up about $1500 worth of stuff, i was curious if anybody has body parts for sale, maybe if youve installed race fairings, and stuff, or u have a rear tail fairing, headlight cowl fairing or a right side fairing thats just scratched and not all broke up like mine. im a painter at an auto body shop, so scratches arent a problem, im also buying an aftermarket exhaust system, i like microns canisters but nobody on here has commented on how they like them, just curious[:M13]

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a micron highmount on mine and love it. The Titanium can matches the silver. My friend has a Yosh on his r6, and we both agree that the micron has a better sound.

·
Registered
551 Posts
There was a guy on ebay that was selling a full body kit for a silver 636 03 for around $500. This was about 2 weeks ago.
I need a right side fairing for silver 03 but he was ojnly selling the whole kit brand new. It was 411parts.com
There was a racer who wanted a custom paint job,gave the guy his fairings na dthen backed out of the deal so the dud kept the fairings. I think the only thing he did was strip the decals and sanded it.

P.S if you fine just a left side please let me know the chjeapest i found was 330.
Good luck

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet, umm if i find an entire kit for a price like that id sell ya the left for damn cheap prolly, more then likely id screw mine up later but o well, stuff happens, who would have thought that one endo could add up to a part list from www.cycle-parts.com with a price of $2,173.16[xx(] and thats without buying an aftermarket pipe and windscreen and flushmounts, ouch, man, think of what u can do to a bike with 2 grand, o well, when i fix it im sure ill still b doin the shit,[^] id still like to hear more on whether the micron system or hindle sounds better

·
Registered
287 Posts
my buddy has a stainless micron full system with a pc iii. i think it sounds great and has a very noticeable power gain. i heard a hindle slip-on on a cbr-600rr and it was loud as hell. are you not interested in aratas or akrapovics? i won't give my opinion on the latter in fear of starting another exhaust war.;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i want whatevers loud and sweet lookin, lol, but first i have alot of $ to spend on gettin the bike to look like it did factory:( but shit happens, ive read some of the forums including aratas and akrapovics but i havent seen any pics of them , do they have high mounts, i havent even checked, hey, vinnysilver, im gonna bid on that silver kit on ebay, if i get it depending on what it goes for, ill sell ya the left fairing for somewhere around 175 if i get it cheap enough, u did need the left one right???????????, also ill b selling the tank that comes with it, it says it has a few small dings in it though, ill want to c it for my self when i recieve b4 i quote its condition!!!! thanks for the help so far guys, im still sick over screwin my bike up[xx(]

·
Registered
551 Posts
Man just be thank full you are allright. The first night I had my bike I got hit from the back from some little girl who stol her moms car..... sucked. But just glad i was OK.

I needed the right side... I had this conversation with so many people so far and ended up getting the hindle carbon fiber and it rocks. I got some pics I will post up when I get home tonight at like 6:30. But I turn heads no matter where I go and it is loud...
If I start revin at a light, people roll there windows up. It's great. Plus I got a silver 636 03 so it looks sweet and I always get alot of complimants on it.
There was another post under the aftermarkets where another user had pics of his 00' with a stainless steel akrapovics and that also looked sweet but I nver herd one. The only exhaust i herd louder than my hindle was a G-force on a gixxer 1000 and that thing ws just nutz. Sounded like a freakin machine gun.

blablablablablablablablabla

and thats all I herd at the light

Good luck my man and If I come across any thing I will let you know

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah , only thing really hurt was my pride,makes me sick!![:M85] man , it doesnt take much to tear a bike up, one miscalculated endo and cost ya 2 grand[:M7] to fix, really sucks!!!, hey , anybody who is still running a factory pipe, theres a recall, i guess its coming loose in the bracket , hey guys check out image, think its twisted[:M46] up a bit:(

awlful_kanawful has attached this file: jpeg_of_27.JPG

·
Registered
551 Posts
Damn....

I forgot to post those pics I will do it tonight. Here is a idea go to ebay moters and sign up for the mailing list. You can set your prefrences to get a e-mail everday when they find something. Like I set mine to kawasaki 636 03 fairings and every morning I get a e-mail on all new post that conatin the words kawasaki fairing. Most of the stuff is shit but I do get a couple of goods ones now and then.

THat pride thing will pass.....it sucks but it will pass.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i did the same fkn thing couple weeks agopics of crash here. it fkn sux my sub went the other way tho and my exhaust is fkd its all wired on till i can get a slip-on i found really cheap set of fiberglass fairingshere just scroll down to the street sets no pics but imagine they are the same mounts cos the street sets are one peice upper two peice lower instead of one upper and one lower. also im not sure if their street sets has head light cuts outs included in that price if you find out let me kno. also the set comes with a REAL solo seat which might be kinda cool.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
weird feeling when it decides to go over huh[:M60], lol, o well, anyways i work in a body shop and today i decided to take my headlight assembly and right fairing and tail fairing to work and tested our plastic welder on them, worked great, i v'd out the crack with it, then melted it over on the fairing, and then took a die grinder and a 3 inch 50 grit disc and kinda ground it down a little and then filled and spread it with 3m panel bond, stuff works great its used to glue on complete body panels, needless to say, i saved the headlight assembly and the right side fairing, but im not real sure about the tail fairing yet, it is petty warped,but hey, on the fairng ill b able to use finishing glaze and then prime it and shoot it with paint , sweet, saves 400 bucks, the damage on the headlight assembly was the two top tabs broke out, so i just plastic welded them and there fine, saves $$$, if anyone has some damage, or cracks, even if u cant do body work, id get a plastic welder, u can melt the crack together with the edge of iron, then then smooth it off, and if worst comes to worst on something visable u could always cover it with a decal after melting it back together[:M120]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.