Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these boots good?

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Alpinestars_S-MX_4_Boot--601158.html

I got my first set of Sidi B2's in the mail, and the ankle and shin part was waaaay to big, so I ordered another set one size down, and the my foot fits barely in there, but the ankle is still to fat, like the part in front of my shin going down has to much space, so I can pull my heel up, and rotate my leg in all kinds of weird positions.

Do alpinestars fit different, or am I just facked out of getting boots?

·
Premium Member
5,831 Posts
I like the Alpinestars boots, but I prefer the SIDI boots over all. I don't know anything about the B2's, but the Corsa's are very adjustable. I think you just need to go into a dealership and try on some boots. When find one you want, order it online if it's cheaper.

But to answer your question, yes, those are good boots, in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by senfo
I like the Alpinestars boots, but I prefer the SIDI boots over all. I don't know anything about the B2's, but the Corsa's are very adjustable. I think you just need to go into a dealership and try on some boots. When find one you want, order it online if it's cheaper.

But to answer your question, yes, those are good boots, in my opinion.
I have already been to a couple places, it's the same problem as before. I can't find a place that stocks anything bigger than 13's, and I wear a 15 so I have to go through all this shipping bull till I get something I like.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Yo Trig, i have the SMX-4 and have zero complaints.

they fit perfectly and were priced right but i dont wear a size 15 [:p]

GL

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do they fit your calf? Are they extra big or anything? I guess I'll just come check them out tonight.

I think they assume that anyone with a size 15 must be a fat ass because the leg holes are way to big, even with my pants tucked in and extra thick socks.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Tuck your pants in the shin area to take up the space? Just a thought...

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,427 Posts
Trig, dude...the Sidi boots are designed to be worn with full leathers and shin protectors. You tuck the full leathers into the boot, and that with the shin protectors fills up the space. It's just the way they are. They're real, high-quality race boots.

On a side-note, I personally wouldn't trust anything from A*. I've been down in their textile jackets at 40mph on a straight-line lowside and their gloves from a 45mph highside, and both times they just completely disintegrated. My arms and back were rashed more when I went down wearing their textile jacket than they were when I went down wearing a button up shirt. And the jacket fit fine, it just shredded right through it and went straight to my skin, where as I rolled into some dirt after being pinned under the bike for a few feet of sliding on the asphault when I wasn't wearing the jacket, so I didn't get so much bad rash...but still. And there's a guy on here who went down wearing the A* boots and he still snapped his shin bone in half. Stick with Sidi, they've been SUCESSFULLY battle-tested. =)

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,427 Posts
Originally posted by trig<br>Ohhhh, I guess now is the time somebody tells me what the hell a shin protector is? I thought that was already incorporated into the outside of the boot?
Companies make racing under armor, dude. Thigh, hip, shin, back...most jackets have a back pocket with a cheesy bit of foam in it, and it's really a pocket sized to accept a back protector. Most leathers are sized a tad wide to allow you to wear thigh and shin protectors under them. Then the boot openings are sized big to allow the leathers under them.

BTW...you ever considered a career as a graphic designer? hehehe

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by dragknt

Companies make racing under armor, dude. Thigh, hip, shin, back...most jackets have a back pocket with a cheesy bit of foam in it, and it's really a pocket sized to accept a back protector. Most leathers are sized a tad wide to allow you to wear thigh and shin protectors under them. Then the boot openings are sized big to allow the leathers under them.

BTW...you ever considered a career as a graphic designer? hehehe
I know they make armor, but I've never seen shin protection for motorcyclists, maybe soccer players, but no, not us. And to be honest I don't think armor would help, I mean this space is BIG, I think I just have a weird shaped lower leg.

Oh, and give me a pencil and a piece of paper, and I'll draw you something that looks like I took a picture of it. Give me a mouse and Microsoft paint, and you might as well have given a 2 year old a coloring book with no lines to color in-between. :D

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Originally posted by dragknt
...And there's a guy on here who went down wearing the A* boots and he still snapped his shin bone in half. Stick with Sidi, they've been SUCCESSFULLY battle-tested. =)
Thanks dragknt... "A guy on here" eh? [:M76] jeesh.

Anyways, I have to be fair to the Astars, as when your bike pins your leg against a guard rail while the rest of your body flips over the top, I don't think there's a set of boots on the planet that would prevent your leg from snapping. Riding boots are NOT designed to offer protection in this way, so the fact that I was wearing Astars is irrelevant.

In fact, I still wear the same Astars today, and I love them. Sooo comfy and I know if I have a "regular" wreck I will be as safe as possible.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,427 Posts
Originally posted by tweakmon

Thanks dragknt... "A guy on here" eh? [:M76] jeesh.
Sorry, man, I was having a brain fart. I knew where you live, and I knew what you had as your avatar, and I remembered that you had "WTB: new leg" as your avatar caption thing for a while after the wreck, but the s/n was escaping me. :/ sorry man.

Originally posted by JCP636
trig just chop your toes off and get a regular sized boot like the rest of us.:D
If Trig chopped off his toes his feet would STILL be twice as big as the rest of us. lol

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Trig's a big ol girl....lotta cushion for the pushin :D[:p]

·
Registered
391 Posts
after reading this, im def going to have to try on boots first i guess before ordering them online. i know boots are more for protection and not comfort, but i dont want to worry about my feet when i should be worrying about the road.

I was going to order Sidi Vertigo Airs size 10 (i wear a 9.5 shoe), but then was looking at A* SMX-3 boots since i hear they are more comfortable and easier to walk around in. It would be mostly for street riding, with a couple track days next year.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Trig, my sidi's do the same for me. Maybe not quite to the extreme you described but the same none the less. Since I can tuck leathers or jeans into it and it fits more snug that way, thats just what I do.

If the foot part fits comfortably, then you are going to half to come up with something like I do to get the rest of it to fit good as well. Or get leathers and shin protectors.

I've not tryed shin protectors, but I got a feeling that no matter what you wear (ie jeans, leathers with or without shin protectors) that these aren't designed to be as tight fitting as something like a ski boot where its like your damn ankle/foot is in a cast almost.

Is that what your looking for? To be tight fitting like a ski boot?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.