Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i picked up a 79 kz750, i no my screen name doesnt make sense, i spelled it wrong.any way
i am having some problems with it running. it ran great when i first bought it and a few days after i started having problems. ill start off with this.

when i first got it i had to run with the choke all the way on.

started tinkering with it. ended up cleaning the float bowls,needle, seat,there was i think a jet in the bowl that unscrews also that i cleaned. changed the spark plugs and ran great! ended up putting sea foam in the tank like the directions called for and started acting up again. popping from the exhaust, sputtering, no lowend power, but when i would give it some gas and open it up a bit it would run fine. so today this is what i did (carbs were rebuilt two years ago by previous owner) i do believe him cuz all the parts looks great!

cleaned the bowls and everything again. new plugs, adjusted the floats (noticed one float was adjusted different then the other one so thats why i adjusted them)and checked them with the clear tube method, adjusted the pilot screw to the specs in the manual. with all of that i got the bike to idle with the choke being completly off. but still hesitates and sputters. no popping though. everything is stock on the bike. exhaust ect. one thing i did notice though is i have about a 1/2"x1/8 wide hole in my exhaust before the muffler. could this be causing me problems with the way it is running? kinda of make sense to be cuz when i give it good throttle and picks up and runs great! i dont no what else to do but weld this hole and hope for the best. any help would be greatly appreciated. sorry for such a long post

Also today I took the exhaust off and found out that the hole is before the muffler and is a alot bigger then I thought. It's a good 1"x1" hole. I'm thinkin that might be my problem?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not familiar with that bike, but what about coils, points etc?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts