Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after i got my PCIII I went to install it.. well I didn't have time to put back everything together and just left it there.. Went back today to buddies house and hooked up everything.. and yeah nothing.. I am thinking my battery is dead.. I had 2 videos but one of them is not working not sure why. Ill try to get it tomorrow again.

here is the one video..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1n5wtmqwY0

the battery has been plugged the whole time charging (except when i was working on it) i tried to start it but it doesn't even crank. The video was with the power being disconnected from the wall. I don't think PCIII would have anything to do with this but I'll try disconnecting it maybe tomorrow and see if that works. The weird thing is even when the battery is plugged into electricity the bike doesnt turn over??? WTF???

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
Is everything connected and tight? Battery terminals making good contact, clean & tight? Check your fuses. You may have blown the main 30 amp fuse at the starter relay.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is everything connected and tight? Battery terminals making good contact, clean & tight? Check your fuses. You may have blown the main 30 amp fuse at the starter relay.
Only thing i touched on the battery was negative terminal... I checked that and it was tight and good. I'll have to check the fuses.

thanks!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
problem fixed! found out the battery was dead... the acid leaked out?? wtf? so i re-filled it and now we everything is good!

·
Registered
744 Posts
the acid leaked out? might just want to buy a new expensive freaking battery. hard to believe they cost as much or more than cars battery and they like 10th the size.

·
Registered
738 Posts
+1 The acid leaked out? I sure hope not, that shit will eat your bike up quick.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the acid leaked out? might just want to buy a new expensive freaking battery. hard to believe they cost as much or more than cars battery and they like 10th the size.
Yeah.. the acid from the battery leaked out.. i looked around and everything looks good. so i hope it didnt damage anything. I will see if this one will do the job if not then I will be getting a new one once the season starts. Freaking $100 for a bike battery?? thats crazy i hope this work because i spent $60-70 last year in my replacing it so we'll see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts