Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i just bought 1993 zx600r and it has a few problems that i need help wit. first off my oil smells like the rings are gone(oil and gas) do you think that could be it or is this something else?? second, i need to know where i get get new or used fairing peices for it(upper right, rear piece)?? do these bikes have an common problems that i should check for (carbs maybe)???? it has 13500 miles, wasnt driven for a while, started it up, and it started smoking like crazy from the header, and out the muffler. then i drove it for about 30-45 min. and the smoking stopped, now it doesnt smoke anymore any ideas????

·
Registered
810 Posts
any bike that hasn't run in a while will smoke etc., i'd take it to the dealer to resync the carbs if needed and to do a routine tune-up on it. I know its easy stuff to do yourself, but with an older bike I would just spend the $300 and get the full job. Just my two cents unless youre a really handy mechanic :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
+1 And with a bike that old, check out the "Old School ZX-6R" Section. They are much more knowledgable on that side about your type of bike and can give you better suggestions.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks i am a very experienced mechanic about 9 years experience how much would it be to just have the carbs synced

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.