Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying a third bike when I get home from Bosnia. Right now I have a 03 636 and a 72 Honda CB 350 thats in great shape. I am thining about buying a third bike and was kind of leaning towards a twin since I dont want to phase out the 636. I would use it mostly for longer rides on the freeway, say 2 hours or more. I would like to stay under $4,000 if I could. I was kinad thinking that a Super Hawk would fit the role nicely. Has anybody owned or ridden one? Any opinions????
Thanks,
Rhoades

·
Registered
755 Posts
I was going to suggest a Super Hawk before I read that sentence. I have ridden one, and they are decent bikes. The geometry isn't as touring as I thought it would be, and they are know to be prone to problems (I think one was the chain snapping and getting into the internals somehow and messing everything up). The wind protection is alright, and the engine's carbeuration stinks at low end (on this bike anyway), but all in all it was an alright bike. I know this has been played out, but look at an SV650, which is a great bike except it doesn't have great wind protection.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about a SV because I could let the woman learn to ride on it but then the old CB will work perfect for that too. I am just a little afraid that the SV will be underpowered and I would get bored with it. I even considered a TLR as they are a dime a dozen with other the other V Twin choices out now. I will have to test ride a SV when I get home and see.

·
Registered
361 Posts
is that a cb350 F cause if so sweet.... i had one bout ten years ago and is rhoades your last name if so we could be relatives. anyway guy here at work has a hawk and he loves it. hes got d&ds on it and it has a real throaty sound to it. the only thing i think is wrong is the gas mileage is horrible compared to my 636. when we ride has to get gas way before my low light comes on. its for sale too hes looking to get something different now.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
You could definitely find an SV for $4K. Heck, you could probably find like a 2001 or even an 02 for that price. They're only like $5699 new I think.
I have been looking at SuperHawks myself and it's hard to find a decent one for $4k. Most of them are in the $5000-$6500 range.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 350 is just the twin not the four. I bought it for $100 and have about another $200 into it. I will post a pic later if I can figure out how. Yes Rhoades is my last name but most of my family is from the Washington State area (that I know of). I may have to look at the SV and use it as a track bike as well. Ohh well I have tons of time to look, wont be home till April!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Motorcyclist, Nov issue...lists the Super Hawk in its Smart Money section....based on article for a '98 is $5,445 going up to $7,060 for a '02

·
Registered
363 Posts
Why not a bandit, I know you are thinking about a twin but the bandit performs pretty well and you can find a really nice one for $4000
I hear they are pretty comfy too.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was kinda leaning towards a twin just due to the fact that I have never owned one. I have that article I think the Hawk will fit the role well but have never ridden one so I was looking for some opinions!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.