Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
goin around are a decent turn. And feeling the back drifting (feels like it will slide right out). Gets alittle twitchy(have a scotts damper on it, I think part of the twitch is me to be honest) and i have to back off it. I find i have to fight with it to hold the line. I think the rubber has alot to do with this. Never had a prob till recent with the increase in temps 110+(las vegas).

Catch me If you can:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bike gets Sloppy at 90+. The Tail for some reason feels unplanted at all. Tire Press 36/34. Front is dropped about a 1/2 inch with the rear matching. Stock damping. I weigh about 150lbs. Any one have suggestions on suspension setting or tire press. Stock 208's have H2's on the way hoping to make it more planted.

Thanks for the help

Catch me If you can:)

·
Registered
321 Posts
I think the first thing to check would be wheel alignment. There have been several threads on this. Did mine a couple weeks ago and the bike feels really soild in corners. Since I didn't have a helper...I put an old xmas tree stand behind the bike, tied two strings to it, lend one string on each side of the bike. Take one string at a time, bring it across the rear of the rear sidewall, bring it in closer until it just touches the front area of the rear sidewall, hold it there and masure the distance of the string from the front rotor. Then do the other side, and the masurements should be equal. If not equal, make adjustments using chain tension adjustments. Hope thats clear enough? You can use any straight edge to do this.

You never know how fast you can go, until you crash.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
DM,

You mentioned that the front is dropped "with the rear matching." Can you explain that a bit?

Is the bike unstable at the same speeds in a straight line? Also, if the rear tire has been changed, has it been properly balanced?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Please excuse my typo [:0]

Not sure how I managed to do it twice [?]

masure = measure

AL

You never know how fast you can go, until you crash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.