Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wrecked my 06 636 and was wondering wher i could get upper lower and tail fairings and headlights, shifter, and handle bars. i would like brand new oem ones if possible. the damage is all on the left side.

thanks

ps if they come painted its the flat candy blue.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
www.ronayers.com has some decent OEM parts prices, and they have everything you need. You're better off if you know someone at a dealership, though. The dealer cost is literally less than 50% of MSRP on most things.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have all the factory turn signals, exhaust and plastic trim around the exhaust. I might even sell all the factory body work ( titanium/silver, with red tribal )

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just got some stuff from ronayers because of a small let-down on some stones. I ordered monday and it was here today. Ronayers is good people!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm not sure about any dealerships local do you but I can attest to the ones that I have worked for that the markup is not half of MSRP as you claim on most items. A bolt might cost the dealer 0.47 and they sell it for 1.99 but a fairing that is $499 did not cost the dealer $250.

Originally posted by dragknt
www.ronayers.com has some decent OEM parts prices, and they have everything you need. You're better off if you know someone at a dealership, though. The dealer cost is literally less than 50% of MSRP on most things.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by wharthog3II
I'm not sure about any dealerships local do you but I can attest to the ones that I have worked for that the markup is not half of MSRP as you claim on most items. A bolt might cost the dealer 0.47 and they sell it for 1.99 but a fairing that is $499 did not cost the dealer $250.
I'm with you on this one!

RonAyers.com is supposed to be good though. It wouldn't hurt to talk to the parts guy at the dealership and see if they can help you out with the cost a little, but I don't know that it would necessarily end up cheaper than RonAyers. Give it a shot! Good luck

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Originally posted by wharthog3II
I said 'most parts', not "fairings". Tally up the number of parts in a bike, and which parts cost the dealer under $1 and sell for over $2...

Either way, for my 03 636, my fairings were just about half MSRP at dealer cost. Maybe a tad over, but 'my cost' was well over $100, and sometimes over $200 less than MSRP for every main piece. Dealers are a ripoff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.