Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my project bike is coming along nicely. Really, the only thing that needs to be wrapped up is my front wiring. Right now it is spliced together, because I misplaced my front wiring harness.

I have looked long and hard for the front wiring harness from my bike. It is a 1999 zx6r. I got one from a 9r but they're different. To order one from the dealer is $80 and will take a month and a half to arrive from Japan.

I have the manual for my bike but it doesn't specify what wires are what in the front wiring harness. If someone could take a picture of their harness, and in particular tell me what wires in what positions go to what part of the front wiring, I will be greatly indebted. Hell, I'll even throw some money your way.

So basically I need to convert a 9r harness to my 6r harness.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by selfinfliction
need to find the shop manual. surely someone has it online for a download
While I am sure they do, asking for one or posting one on this site will get you banned. electronic copies of the manual are all illegal, and being a Kawasaki fan site, we frown upon stealing from Kawasaki.

Back on topic, I don't have the wiring diagram for your bike, but I am sure someone can post that up.

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
unfortunately im offshore at the moment so i do not have access to my computer to upload a copy of the 99 wiring diagram. If someone doesnt do it before i will upload it on my return home.

GreenEnvy: just as a safe guard I have been putting up images to help people that are direct scans of my haynes manual, Granted its not the complete manual but none the less I dont want to get banned for helping, can you confirm whether this is ok to do regarding the boards position on this matter?

Russ

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
there is a site called manuals.com or imanuals.com (some thing sounding similar to that, try google) you can register for free and down load manual from the site. it should have the wiring diagram on it.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
i have a 95-02 manual, when i get off work i could try to scan it and upload the diagram for ya.
Ben

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Green: thanks for the clarification m8 its appreciated.

Back to the job in hand as promised, im back on land so here is the colour wiring diagram for the G Model (98-99) ZX6R.

Hope it helps sort the 9R-6R wiring mess out if not lemme know and ill try and help further (electrician by trade)

Russ

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!

I'll definately have some questions for my next project...04 r1 gauges onto my bike :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.